garlic question????????

Does anybody know anything about garlic. I have a dwarf angel that has what I think is ick. Also my domino damsel has a white powder looking stuff on it. The lfs sold me a tube of garlic and told me to put it in the tank @ one drop a day for about a week and that should take care of it. What do ya think? I am a rookie and really still green behind the ears. Thanks alot.
THIS SITE IS RALLY COOL THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!! ;)

david s

buc u should really post this in the desease foram ick can be seriuos and from what i have read garlic will help prevent it not cure it but i am not qualifyed in this desease and treamant foram has alot of knowledgable people for this maybe a shark can move this over for him

tuckermojo

pour garlic in your tank? haha what? where is your LFS located? alabama? soak the food in garlic, you can guy it at GNC...

nm reef

It is my observation that garlic added to food can help with "minor" ick problems and seems to boost immune systems of the fish. In any case it sounds like you have more than a "minor" problem. I'd also suggest you post this topic in the disease & treatment forum. Folks over there are very good with this stuff. I'll also leave it here for now. Another good option is to use the search feature up top....will plug you in to some past info that may be helpful. :cool:

fish tank

hey tuckermojo at least ppl in ala know how to buy it at GNC not (guy) it, but then you are from (pa) ha ha