garlic

daisywb

Hiya,
I think it's good to soak their food in garlic. I took several different frozen fish foods and mixed them together with garlic juice. I put the mix in a ziplock baggie and popped it back in the freezer.
You can also soak flake food in the juice about 5 minutes before you feed them. Fish totally dig the stuff :) You don't hafta do it often, every week or so.
HTH
-Daisydoo

susiepan

Hi,
I even use garlic on my dried pcs of shrimp and krill for my Anenomes...
What I did was buy Garlic drops at my heath food store...you only need a few drops..It was about 12.00 for a bottle, but it will last forever...just DONT get it in oil....
Some people buy garlic in the glass container at the local grocery store, but again, thats chunks and you can only get the garlic in WATER...
Gl
~Susie

fish boy

can you take regular garlic and blend it up add some water and soak foods lile lettuce brocli and carrots in it

hey suise you can get the juice out of the cuncks with a garlic smasher thing that my grandma has i used it and got the juice out of it but i need something other than pelets to soak in it and the fish hate the pelets even though thats what the people at lfs siad they fed em

susiepan

Hi Corvette,
Yes I know you can "Juice" the garlic, but I was making a point of "IF" they bought it, JUST to buy the kind in WATER...NOT oil..
You put fish in your tank already???
My fish hate pellets, I dont use them...I use flake, frozen, dried krill and shrimp and soak it all in garlic...
~Susie ;)

I found pure garlic juice in the spice section of the local supermarket $1.69 for 2 oz bottle. Just down the aisle from the pickling lime! Feel like I hit the jackpot.
I dose garlic juice once a week when I do my testing and routine maintenance chores.