Gas prices pissing you off?

cirrusdawg

i have to work to pay for gas to go to work. I pretty much stay home anyways. I guess there will be less snowmobiling this winter for me

ntrigger

Originally Posted by cirrusdawg
i have to work to pay for gas to go to work. I pretty much stay home anyways. I guess there will be less snowmobiling this winter for me

You can only do what you can, I know price's are going to continue to rise, but i just hope for the best.

sly

I bought a motorcycle a couple of months ago. I am really glad I did. 50mpg is awesome. Especially now. I'm trying to save all the money I can to buy the house I want. Wasting my down payment on gas would be a bad thing. The motorcycle is helping out a lot

moto757

Sport bike 40 mpg usually if I don't get a little crazy plus I have lower gearing which hurts it a little more then normal I ride every day it is nice back and forth to work and anywhere else I need to go. pwfff what gas prices ???

teresaq1

well, we are kinda lucky, my husband drives a company car (patrol car), but it cost me 58.00 to top off my tank today in our van and it was about half full.

billsweet2003

i drive 120 miles per day in a truck that get s about 9-10 mpg at 2.65 gas around here 2 weeks ago 31.80 per day ouch
now its $3.25 or $39.00 per day
a differance of $7.20 if i work 8 hrs that day losing $.90 per hr
or $1872 per year of after tax dollars spent on an increase in fuel to drive
most people cannot or willnot look at their budgets as "per year" but sooner or later
credit and negative intrest will run your life if you dont
millions were directly affected by this crisis
hundreds of millions can learn
i believe Americans are the most intelligent inventative people on the planet and we will use "vechicles" to transport people and goods that will get 100-200 mpg of a cleaner gasoline type fuel or a grain based type fuel within 24 months of today

merredeth

Originally Posted by ntrigger
is it soft?

Is there a limited supply of tp ?

May go as high as 55.

Sheets.... just don't use the sheeets for the sheeet.
:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious
That was the best laugh I had all day - the toilet paper comeback had me ROTFLMAO!

schneidts

I read today that our heating oil mostly comes from Canada and Venezuela, so there's hope that heating oil prices won't be too outrageous this winter. However, I also read that Katrina has/will effect natural gas prices, and if you paid $200/month last winter, expect to pay $240 a month this winter. I'm not really sure how exactly the hurricane effects natural gas prices for this winter though... :notsure:
Does anyone know how gas stations determine how much to raise the price per gallon in such a short amount of time? Today, we fueled up at 2.99 and when we drove by a few hours later it was 3.19. That's 60 cents a gallon over the course of the last 3 days...

I just don't see how they can determine what the price should be so quickly. Furthermore, they bought x amount of gas last week and stored it in their tanks for say 2.20/gal are selling it to the consumer for 2.59/gal. Then they raise the price to the consumer 20 cents or more per day, still selling the gas they bought last week for 2.20/gal. Lastly, how is the guy charging 5 something a gallon getting away with it, when most places are selling it in the 3 dollar range?

reefraff

I have some oil and natural gas company stocks so I keep an eye on the prices of oil and natural gas. You people who use heating oil had better start saving up now, it is going to get ugly. Natural gas too but not as bad.

letsfly75

Seriously people are gas prices the biggest thing on your minds now? I know it hurts, believe me I can't afford this, but we have hundreds of thousands of people in this country who have absolutely nothing right now. Let's get our priorities straight and help these folks out. We are members of a forum where people discuss spending thousands of dollars on their fish. I'm sorry but personnally I would rather donate what I can to our fellow americans than spend money on my aquarium and complain because it costs me an extra twenty bucks to fill up my car.

thangbom

ehh gas price suck but it aint to bad compared.. look at europe.. it's like $6+ a gallon... america is too excessive too.. every thing is oversized.. i mean.. look at our cars campared to the world.. and our house. streets.. how do u think germany and suck get by with $6+ gas prices?? it's called public transportation.... and they have a good 1 at that.. most of them use public transportation... it saved the world and it works!! americans gotta stop being soo independent and start being more people person like... stop being the 'me' country and become the 'us' country.. just my .02 ......