Gauging interest

adesimone1

We are thinking of changing our lighting. We have 3 400 watt MH pendants each light is on it's own slider for 175.00 each

bigpapa

Hey, I am setting up a 150 gal 6 ft tank. I dont have the canopy completly built yet. I have never used these lights b4 but it would be for a 20" high tank. Would 400 be too much? and how about turning the pendants? Any info and advice would be great. I work in Sweedsboro so if this works it would be an easy transaction.

adesimone1

As long as you build a high canopy and if you are going to be raising hard corals. Our canopy is over 15 inches high on a 210 gallon tank and yes you can turn the pendants ours is on a slider so it makes it easy to work on. You are more then welcome to come see our set up I'll pm you my cell

bigpapa

K, just measured and the tank is 20 high but the canopy is only 12" high. As far as corals, I really am not sure what kind I want but do want to be as flexible as possible. So, would the 400 be too much for softies or do they need more light?

bigpapa

Thanks for the honesty!! I was doing a little research overnight and found the same thing. I am new to doing corals so it is all a learning thing for me..

adesimone1

Originally Posted by Bigpapa
http:///forum/post/2639564
Thanks for the honesty!! I was doing a little research overnight and found the same thing. I am new to doing corals so it is all a learning thing for me..
Your are still welcome to come see what our set up looks like. We have have alot of stuff available in our frag tank. And if you have any questions about anything just give us a yell and we'll help you out.