General Clown Attitudes

nygel

I've kept a decent amount of ocellaris and the like (i can keep hard to keep fish in my tank, but the easiest clownfish is trouble for me) anyway, I want a black ocellaris but not sure if i want ot drop the money for one. how are their attitudes and just in general how do people like theirs. Its in between black ocellaris or a black onyx at the moment. 45 for the oc. 50 for the onyx, so im just curious on the oce due to i can pick it up around here as opposed to ordering the onyx from someone.

camillo

the behaviour and personility of the black oceralis are exactly the same as the regular ones. in my opinion, if your gonna get ocerlaris your better off gettin normal ones. i got bored of the black ones and regreted gettin them after a while. i jus prefered to have a more brightly coloured orange fish over a black and white one, but thats jus what i like.

in my first tank i have the regular orange and white one's, but now im on my 2nd pair of black and white ones. I really like them and so do my guest. personalities are the same. for all of the ones i have had.

dawman

I agree , the B&W just don`t do it for me . I have a pair of black saddleback clowns which color wise look similar but have yellow on the face and fins .

perfectdark

I actually love the B&W Ocellaris, I even mixed my 2 I have an orange and a B&W they make a really cool combo. My B&W def has a bit of an attitude, it nips my fingers when I put my hand in the tank to clean it or feed my anenome.

perfectdark

Sure do... Here you go..

I had a pair that went in the tank together of orange ocellaris. One got eatin by a condi anenome, and the other I havent a clue I just found it one day with 4 hermits chowing on him. So I replaced them with another orange ocellaris and when the second orange one died I got the B&W one. 1 month of living together now and they are cool with each other. Still up in the air as to who will be female but they are certainly not at war.