Georgia Aquarium "Behind The Scenes" Tour pics

kaholic

I've seen a lot pics from the GA. Aquarium here but haven't seen anyone post pics of the behind the scenes tour. I paid the extra to see the entire facilty and it was well worth it. Here are a few pics.

sharkbait9

GOD D@MN look at those skimmers!!!!!!! I wonder if thats just a water fall for 02 replacement or some sort of bio wheel?

mrdc

Very nice! Thanks for sharing

I have not been there yet but I think I would also like the behind the scene tour.

kaholic

Yes, that's one of 4 whale sharks that are in there. And the huge trough is a natural wave maker. It fills up periodically and dumps in the pool of water you see in the picture. Which is the top of a reef display room with an enormous reef wall below. It's literally the top of the reef. This room has a big skylight in the roof for natural sunlight and 1,000's of watts of extra lighting. It also houses the filtration system and has tons of vegatation, mangroves growing in it, clams, inverts & fish. Here are some pics of the top with a wave coming through, and another of the actual reef room below. The shark isn't really going after the tang. It just turned out that way in the pic. lol! If you ever go, take the tour. It's awesome!

babyb

if you dont mind me asking how much was it for the behind the shenes and how much was it regularly