Get Ready for $3.50 gas by Christmas and $4+ a gallon next year!

jmick

I wonder where it will be here in the Chicago Land area, I believe we have the highest gas rates in the country. I am thankful to have a company vechicle and gas card so it doesn't make a big difference to me but I do feel for my wife.

ifirefight

Originally Posted by theappe3
dude gas is ridiculous :-/
A gallon of milk cost more than a gallon of gas......And look at how many cows we have.....
I wont complain about gas prices...we all have to drive.

dinogeorge

We spend $2.00 for bottled water that is usually no different than standard tap water.
We have pagers and cell phones because we insist we cannot live without them.
We pay for 40 or 50 tv channels but only watch one.
We pay $100.00 for shoes that work the same as a $25.00 pair.
We buy name brand clothes to impress our friends.
As much as I hate paying $3 or $4 for a gallon of gas, it will not reduce our driving, or change what we choose to drive. We don't know what hard times are.....yet.

hattrick58

From Telegraph.co.uk (05 Nov 07)
"The price of petrol has soared to a new high, figures from the AA showed yesterday.
Based on prices from Sunday, the average cost of a litre is now 99.5p
, which beats the previous record of 98.54p reached on August 1, 2006."
100p(ence)=1 British Pound
1 British Pound=$2.08743 USD (currently)
3.785 litres=1 US Gallon
You do the math.

reefer545

Originally Posted by ifirefight
A gallon of milk cost more than a gallon of gas......And look at how many cows we have.....
I wont complain about gas prices...we all have to drive.
Milk does not cost more than a gallon of milk. Not here anyway.
Dinogeorge
We spend $2.00 for bottled water that is usually no different than standard tap water.
As much as I hate paying $3 or $4 for a gallon of gas, it will not reduce our driving, or change what we choose to drive. We don't know what hard times are.....yet.
I definitely watch WAY more than even 20 channels, and maybe if you were not so worried about appearances you wouldnt worry about the clothes you wear (much less the friends you have). You might just get some taste and fashion sense. I know I could care less what people think about how I dress, cuz while they pay for stupid expensive clothes, I have more money saved up and can afford to wear what I want in any part of the world. Plus, my friends are my FRIENDS not people to try to live up to.
You are right about the driving though, as sad as it is.

yerboy

Originally Posted by REEFER545
Milk does not cost more than a gallon of milk. Not here anyway.

Dinogeorge
I definitely watch WAY more than even 20 channels, and maybe if you were not so worried about appearances you wouldnt worry about the clothes you wear (much less the friends you have). You might just get some taste and fashion sense. I know I could care less what people think about how I dress, cuz while they pay for stupid expensive clothes, I have more money saved up and can afford to wear what I want in any part of the world. Plus, my friends are my FRIENDS not people to try to live up to.
You are right about the driving though, as sad as it is.
lol had to do it!

rylan1

These prices are crazy. My paycheck is definetely not worth what it was or what it should be.. I need a pay raise just to keep up with this year's inflation. I am not looking forward to my winter heating costs, gas and milk prices are way out of control.
I have a 1 year old and I guess its better than buying formula, but I was getting milk at the gas station because it was only $1.99 gal about 8 months ago and now its $3.69.
And they say Iraq is not about oil.
I just don't understand ... we as Americans need to do something about our dependence on oil. They will continue to gouge us because they can. I simply cannot believe that shortages and supply and demand are the factors that are raising these prices. I believe that these companies and governments are price setting. Because it doesn't make sense that we export as much oil as we import. There is some definate corruption and I believe that our governemnt and this administration is largely responsible.
As for milk, I think its logistical and procurement factors with why the price has gone up (I think thats right from my college days
)
I hope we get a president that is serious about creating opportunities for alternative fuel vehicles. This would create jobs, boost economy, lower pollution, and lower prices.

miaheatlvr

And the Dow is down -250pts and ALL the Car companies are reporting RECORD LOSES! I hope this forces the US to fing alternatives to finite fossil fuels!

hattrick58

Originally Posted by autofreak44
am i doing this wrong or is that like 8 bucks a gallon?
You're doing it right. At 10:45 AM today I figured it @ $7.91/gallon in the UK.

reefraff

Gas isn't expensive because of a company or government, it's supply and demand. China and India have both had huge increases in their demand.
We need to get over the hysteria about the evils of oil drilling and start opening up driling cause its going to get worse. The Govt. should open up the coasts and ANWAR to drilling and direct 100% of the royalties to R&D for alternatives.If we increase domestic production and decrease demand we can take some of the sting out of this.

nano reefer

Originally Posted by renogaw
um... it already is that high in parts of CT
i hear ya man. Especially down here in Fairfield county.

nano reefer

Originally Posted by hattrick58
You're doing it right. At 10:45 AM today I figured it @ $7.91/gallon in the UK.
its weird that us americans complain about 3.50 a gallon but in europe they live with 8 bucks a gallon every day. America will adapt and the truck/SUV age will die. I say 30 years everyone will be using smart-cars or cars that dont use gas.

nano reefer

Anyone heard of a car that runs off of compost? A buddy of mine won our school science fair by launching a rocket using fuel made of compost.