getting 35 gallon for home

ryand

ok s you know i am managing a 30 gallon in ur school and for my golden ^_^ in 4 days yes the 15 my grand parents got me a 35 gallon and i was thinking maby i can get the water cycled and a little bit of rock and a coral and maby another pair of clowns can i tranfer the cycled rock of my schools tank and the clowns to that tank and use that for my main and use the 30 gallon for a sump with the live sand still in it or would i have to todally change the waters so they mach?? just wandering

arkey.d

If your looking to make a sump, there is a little more work involved. Are you going to do a Sump/refuge? I believe you were asking about transfering the LiveRock and Fish from one aquarium to another and that you can do, but you need to cycle the new tank first. You could take the live sand out of the schools tank and transfer it to the new tank, which will most likely make it cycle more quickly.
Hope that answers some of your questions. :notsure:

ryand

thanks for the tips but my question is if both tanks are cycled is it alrigt t mix the waters i guess would be the way of putting it or would i like have to aclamate the to tanks together like i dont know if the saltanitys are going to be the same and one tank is going to be quite a bit more mature then the other would i have to start both tanks over again or one tank or what

E

essop3

Saving the water wont do you much good. I'd just mix up all new water for the new tank. You can then add rock, corals and fish from the old tank. Acclimate them as you would any new fish.
I'm really not trying to be mean but punctuation would help us understand what you are saying.

arkey.d

You want to join the tanks together with the water so you don't get a mini cycle? If you have live sand in the shcools aquarium then you want to transport with the aquariums water covering the sand or put it in a bucket with the water in it. Same thing with the Live Rock or you can cover the live rock with newspaper.
I don't see a problem as long as you don't join them with fish in either of the tanks. You could join them and then adjust the Specific Gravity. Then Acclimate your fish. It's alot of work, but it can be done.
Essop3's way is alot easier.