Getting a Fish to eat

tyr-sog

Ok, as some of you might have read I just bought a 1 1/2 Queen Angel. Well it's the 3rd night of having her and I'm having trouble getting here to eat prepared food. She's not stressed at all, quit the opposite actually. She almost to busy grazing on all the LR. She'll nibble a few tiny pieces of froozen food if it floats by her but then goes right back to grazing. Ahe has also ran after some sinking pellets but spit them out after a few chews.
Is this normal? My Maculosus ate the day I put him in. Any tricks to getting it to eat? Is the grazing enough to sustain starvation until she eats froozen foods?

cincyreefer

Juveniles are typically grazing fish. Mine didn't eat many prepared foods either for a few weeks, but really liked to graze on the nori I put in the tank. As it starts to turn into adult colors, I would also recommend feeding live sponge to your angels. Most LFS will give you a real good deal if you tell them you want some smaller pieces of live sponge for feeding. That way they aren't too worried about the condition it is shipped.

tyr-sog

Ok, thats good to hear. I have put seaweed selects on a clip and she hasn't gone after it. Maybe putting it on a rock with a rubberband tucked in the rockwork might be better.
As far as the spoonge, just that typical orange stuff? Well I guess the lfs would know.

tjswanson

When I got my juv. emperor angel, it took me a week to get it to eat. I tried feeding it everything and then finally one day I offered some frozen squid in the cubes and it ate that like a pig. And then after that, it ate anything I put in the tank. So I would just keep trying everything you can.