Getting a sun coral to open up

05xrunner

I got mine about 2weeks ago..For the first week -week and half..i would take it out and put it in a bowl and feed it with cyclopezee and let it sit in there with it for about 15-20min...it wouldnt open much but it was just to get it back to opening.
Now flow I dont think you need much..mine is in a kinda low/medium flow area and its under a small ledge in my tank..they dont need light since they are not photosynthetic. They take some work cause you have to feed each head...Putting directly on sand is bad if u got any polyps that are towards the bottom it can smother them. I put some rubble in the sand and mine on that sie the polyps are above the sand. Some cut a 2liter in half and put it over the coral and squirt in mysis or cyclopezee so it gets fed and not bothered by the other fish.
I am not doing the bottle..I am going to use a syringe to squirt each head with food
Here is mine :)

gatorwpb

05x, ever since seeing your sun coral two or so weeks ago, i've wanted to go out and get one. :jumping:
now if I can just find one locally...

05xrunner

thats the same thing happen to me...I was reading on them one day and then i was like..MAN I have to get one of these..Went to my LFS I go to all of the time...There it was..Lights on it like it was ment to be..LOL

sea n life

after reading this post im going to buy one my lfs told me you have to hand feed this coral three times a day i was thinking man dont people have jobs so i never bought one but i will now thanks