getting an anemone

highcottn1

ok here it goes. i just fixed up my red slime and phosphates!! yay! i also went to my lfs and asked him about my water, he tested it and he said it was great. so later on i asked him about an anemone and witch ones clowns mainly host. he sayed he has had a lot of luck with bta's. im getting an anemone for this weekend. can anyone help me with my selection.
ps: post pictures!!

psusocr1

well first things first.
it is saidf that you need halides for anemones, although some will disagree i also beleive that anemone's shouldnt be kkept under anything but metal halides
next what kind of clown do you have? certain clownfish host certain anemone's .
you dont want to just run out anf buy an anemones without knowing what anemone yuour clowns hosts int he wid. once you find this out then you can buy th matching anemone for your clownfish to insure he will go into it!
also you can get more help if you post int he clownfish and anemone section... good luck

whitey_028

Also you might want to get your own test kit as the fish store will tell you "everything is ok" just to make the sale of that 30 dollar sebae...

skipperdz

correct, i would suggest getting the ones they use as well. they usually sell the ones they test with, that way you can assure your results are similar. i know alot of people use bta's, either rose or green from what i hear. i have a lta in my 12g nano ( yea i know to small of a tank) which i prefer over bta's. im getting a 55g long this sunday to set up. my maroon clown hosted him in about 10 minutes. although ive been reading and it seems they usually take a few hrs to a couple days.

skipperdz

for sure. especially if you have a large tank and sand bed ( thats where the tend to settle )i think the yellow is badass. and ive seen skunk clowns host them very well.

chadman

there are yellow carpet anemones?!?! wowzerz i had no idea i only ever saw green and blue ones....how about having two different color carpets in a 55g...is that asking for war?

skipperdz

my lfs had a yellow one. probably a good 7 inches long at the time and there were 4 skunk clowns rolling in it. 2 in a tank may not be a good idea lol. but i could be wrong. i would read up on the carpet if i were you. seeing as your realy set on it.

highcottn1

ok the lighting system i have right now are. 2 doul 65 whaght actinic, 1 165 metal halide, and 2 luner glows. i have 2 occelarius clowns that need a home!