getting around to my fish

watever91

im finally really deciding my fish for my 55g corner tank. im gonna get these at different times but here are the fish i would like:
1. false percula clownfish.
2. yellow tang (questionable due to the size of my tank)
3. cherub angelfish.
4. long-nosed butterfly.
wanted to get everyone's thoughts before i buy anything because i dont want to kill anything by not knowing or being able to take care of them. i'e done a lot of research and the book i bought says these fish are quite easy to care for. this is going to be a reef tank with lots of coral so if any of these fish are bad for coral then it would be nice to know.

nick76

Originally Posted by watever91
im finally really deciding my fish for my 55g corner tank. im gonna get these at different times but here are the fish i would like:
1. false percula clownfish.
2. yellow tang (questionable due to the size of my tank)
3. cherub angelfish.
4. long-nosed butterfly.
wanted to get everyone's thoughts before i buy anything because i dont want to kill anything by not knowing or being able to take care of them. i'e done a lot of research and the book i bought says these fish are quite easy to care for. this is going to be a reef tank with lots of coral so if any of these fish are bad for coral then it would be nice to know.
the tang is the only thing I would suggest against, if your not planning on upgrading in another year or so to at least a 90 to 125, leave it out.

watever91

well im just starting out so im not thinking about more than 4 fish right at the start. and are these fish all reef safe because im going to have corals and stuff. thanks!

earlybird

Originally Posted by watever91
well im just starting out so im not thinking about more than 4 fish right at the start. and are these fish all reef safe because im going to have corals and stuff. thanks!
Right but that tang will not have enough swimming room in a 55 corner and can slowly diminish. I think 4 fish in a 55 is a great idea and I applaud you. Your bioload will be low and your tank will be easier to care for.
Make sure you QT all fish first or you'll be sorry.

earlybird

absolutely you NEED a QT, everyone does. However not many do it. IMO not QT everything that goes into your tank is rolling the dice for a possible ich outbreak. The larger the QT you can have the better but for a 55 I'd recommend a 10-20 gallon QT.