Getting at tattoo. (Im 16)

nw2sltfsh

I agree that 16 is far too young to get a tattoo - although I got my first of three at 18 I have to admit that while I love the design the placement that I chose at 18 was not well thought to consider being in my 30s and in a boardroom.
I think that people should wait or at least consider their future and will what they think is cool as a teenager translate well into their future.
I know others have stated that they never had a problem giving blood but I know that I have been turned down because a tattoo was less then 2 years old

swlover

Like I said state laws vary..here in Tn they don't think twice about taking your blood with or without tats-they do alot of screening for blood-with AIDS and all-not everyone will know if they have it or any other infectious disease.

drewco

So I read all your posts and thanks alot for all the help. I actually found a place near me that does kids who are 16 and older. I am going to get one in the comming weeks but its going to be small and not colored in. Before I get it though im thinking about putting a henna tattoo where I want to just to see if I can deal with soemthing being branded on my skin. Anyone think this is a good idea?
Thanks,
Drew

rberhow

How does the place look? Have you checked into their procedures? As someone already suggested, check into everything thoroughly. The temp tattoo sounds like a very smart idea. Gives you an idea of what you will be looking at for the rest of your life. Good luck

drewco

Ive only seen the website of the place im going to and it looks reputable. They have many pics of what they have done and teh shop looks very nice.
Thanks,
Drew

zman1

Misguided reward system. Unfortunately, kids need incentives to do the right things for themselves.
How about these reward incentives instead of a tattoo.
Get straight A's and you won't be grounded the entire summer.
Get straight A's and I will let you get your driver's license.
Get straight A's and I will let you drive under my insurance policy.
And the number one incentive -- Get straight A's because it will benefit you and not your parents in the long run......

granny

Ok, Here Is A Grandmas Point Of View. Dont Do It.
Do You Know What A Tattoo Looks Like On Old Wrinkled Skin???
Awful, Like Dirt Or A Burn.
Try To Think Of The Future, Not The 'moment' People Change So Much As They Mature And A Tattoo Is Pretty Permanent-something You Might Hate In A Few Years Or Fall In Love With A Lovely Young Woman Who Thinks It Is A Disfigurement!!
Just Thought I Would Add A Different Perspective To The Conversation.

zman1

Originally Posted by Granny
Try To Think Of The Future, Not The 'moment' People Change So Much As They Mature And A Tattoo Is Pretty Permanent-something.
Ditto -- The most lucrative age group are kids for that very reason to a Tattoo Parlor. If the excuse is everyone is doing it. It's not self expression, it's just plain old conforming! Self express by not getting one.. Lead, don't follow.....

petieaztec

Originally Posted by Minority
Here's my .02. Just go somewhere good. Don't fool around with tatoos. If you can't get one at 16, wait until you can get one. You can really get hurt if you don't do it the right way the first time. It's scary. :scared:
plus removing them looks bad and is costly. make sure that you really know what you want. imagine yourself as a buisness man with that tatoo. make sure you won't out grow the design. your tastes change drastically after you turn twenty-one. after that good luck and enjoy.