Getting rid of cyano! Question please.

jpc763

So I switched foods recently and managed to start overfeeding

Anyway, I see the light red tint on the substrate that is the beginning of cyano. I also found some on "the otherside" of a coral that does not get flow.
Anyway, my question is about treating it.
My flow is very good. I have had this tank for a year and after getting the feeding dialed in, I never had cyano so I don't think I will change my flow at all. I just need to get the nutrients cut back. So obviously I will cut back the feeding.
Should I do anything else?

imfsub12

I use to get it bad.. but i got a new PH - HYDRO Korilia and its taken it about 95% away.. very happy with it
i must of had lots of dead spots on my bottom that my old PH wasn't getting to..
this new one moves the water everywhere rather than a garden hose (someone told me)

midas

Chemi-clean will get rid of it but follow the direction's. You have to do a water change after using it, maybe two. Worked good for me, I just did the same thing.

natclanwy

Increase the frequency of your water changes to reduce the available nutrients and reduce the feeding and the cyano will start to disappear on its own.

notsonoob

Let it cycle on its own and cut back the nutrients.
Let the algea eat what is causing it to be there in the first place.

blue44magnum

cut back on the feeding , lights , and if u want u can use a spatcula (or something close to remove it) . also what kind of clean up crew do u have?

good luck.