Getting rid of Xenia

darknes

Nas, if you would be willing to ship some, I'd be willing to pay you for a little...I was looking into buying some Xenia anyways
email: jesse7876 at yahoo.com

chinnyr

I can give some frags(scraped off the glass) to anyone who can come get it.It won't ship well and I don't have time to do that anyway.I'm moving the tank before next weekend.

nas19320

I always have tons but I don't think it would be best to ship at this point in time, it doesn't ship well and with the cold I don't think it would make it. I would hate to have you pay for shipping only for it to be a complete waste.

reefnut

Just grab them at the base and slowly pull them off the rock... make sure the base

[hr]
off so it doesn't grow back.

nas19320

Yeah I have been doing that but some of it is so small its impossible to grab. Also if you don't get a good grip right away it deflates and then it's much more difficult to get off. I was hoping there was an easier, less smelly way to get rid of it. Maybe some boiling water will destroy the small pieces.

fastmarc

Since they are good in exporting nutrients, the fact that they are spreading might hint at a suitable high nutrient level, so lowering that might slow them down (if there is any to lower).

nas19320

It's possible I guess, though I don't have any nitrate problems nor do I have any algae issues and I keep my tank failry clean. I don't know if Xenia actually consumes nitrates or just absorbs it.

we'd love some! we really dont have any corals that it would invade, so............i dont know how far Chester Pa is from Cleveland. maybe a nice day trip?
Fishy Wife