Gift for the mom who has everything?

garnet13aj

Every Christmas and birthday my sister and I have trouble finding something to get our mom. Everything we can buy she can buy, but if she buys it for herself she can afford a better model or better quality specimen. We're always trying to think of creative ideas, this year we are making her a calendar with pictures of all of us growing up, but we need more ideas.
Anything creative, big or small, that we can do by Christmas we'd love to hear about.
The deadline's coming, I know, but it still counts as long as it's under the tree by Christmas morning.

ruaround

scrap book and/or the calendar are great ideas... IMO most mothers appreciate the thought from thier children... not so much about the material side of things... give her a "dinner coupon" for a meal made by you and your sister and an evening together... time spent together is more important than anything store bought... JMO

lovethesea

OMG, the calender from years past would be enough for me. I make a calender for my hubby and mom for the new year that has pictures of the kids from that year.
How about a dinner out at a nice resturant with you guys? Do you ever get to do that?
The spa is a good thing too. I got one and love it when I finally used it. (it took me almost a year
.......too busy being a Mom
)

garnet13aj

Good ideas, especially the dinner (she HATES to cook, even though she's really good at it). Another thing I though of, in case other people need ideas too, is home-made ice cream. We have an icecream maker we never use and my mom loves peppermint icecream but they only have the box kind at the store, so I think I'm going to look for a recipe and make it.
Also, making candy or cookies to decorate could be fun too. My mom is always talking about when they used to make taffy when she was little.

thirty6

tix for a show and dinner has worked for me in the past. i went digital camera this year, good luck time is running out

lovethesea

Originally Posted by garnet13aj
Good ideas, especially the dinner (she HATES to cook, even though she's really good at it). Another thing I though of, in case other people need ideas too, is home-made ice cream. We have an icecream maker we never use and my mom loves peppermint icecream but they only have the box kind at the store, so I think I'm going to look for a recipe and make it.
Also, making candy or cookies to decorate could be fun too. My mom is always talking about when they used to make taffy when she was little.

I have made peppermint ice cream before. Make your usual base ice cream without any flavors. Get some peppermint extract and a some peppermints (if she like the real deal as far as the candy in the ice cream. I can't tell you how much extract to use, since I did it to my taste. Then took some really crushed up peppermints......candy canes will be on clearance after xmas.... and put them in the ice cream.
:joy:

garnet13aj

The spa idea would be great if she didn't take herself there all the time (I mean, she would still love it! but it wouldn't be anything she didn't already do for herself).
I could suggest the clean the house one to my sister, but since I'm already out of the house it wouldn't get clean very often...

garnet13aj

I walked into my dad's library today and he says to me: "Oh, I found some of that icecream at the store and bought it for your mom". I told him yesterday that I planned on making it for her. Now I'm down a freaking present and I was really excited about it. I'm so pissed and actually really upset. I know it's not that big of a deal, but seriously time is running out and he just took one of the few good ideas I thought of.
Just spouting off, and hoping someone else has more ideas that have worked for them.

garnet13aj

We're thinking of making this peppermint candy that she likes and home-made candles. So all is well again, after slight heart attack--@ age 19! My dad drives me crazy sometimes but he means well so I have to forgive him.