Gimpy Emerald Crab!!!

soviettaco

So today I was at the lfs getting a group of shrooms on a large piece of LR, the owner had to shake about 5 cleaner shrimp of it, so I jokingly said "hey you can keep one of those guys on their" Well he laughed but he got them all off, no hitchhikers...... Or so I thought!!
So I get home and I'm showing my brother the shrooms, I start looking for some of the bigger ones in the bag and my eyes focus on a big ole chunk of green. I got my self a free emerald crab
. I just thought that wa hillarious cause i basically asked him to give me a hitchhiker and he indirectly did. He was shaking the rock pretty hard to make sure nothing else was on it too.
So I'm thinking to myslef nice I got a free invert. So I put my corals in the tank after acclimation time and I start snapping some pictures. Everythings going good.
I later decide to put my pics on the computer then it hits me WHAT THE HECK!!!

The poor guy has only got one arm!!! I think it's some type of sick form of karma, you get a free crab so in return it's arm is taken.
lol I want to call him lefty cause thats all he has.
Anyways I guess the point of this post is that is it possible for an emerald crab or really any crab to regenerate limbs? or will he always be a "Lefty"
?
Thanks a bunch!!!

nw2salt08

Usually after a few molts, they'll be back to normal. My hermits have lost a few limbs and then turned around, molted and there it was again...a new leg. lol