Girls, I have a question...????

lovethesea

Camera phones can be good and bad.......
What would you do or how would you feel if a complete stranger (male) came up to you and asked to take your picture with his phone?

J

jdragunas

i would tell him to f off... that's totally weird. Like stalker material there... blah!!! But i'm kinda a weird girl... i don't like being talked to by other guys, and i don't like being hit on at all... makes me uncomfortable. Might just be because i'm married?

darth tang

I am not a girl, but I have something for you to think about.
The guy asking you for the picture is hitting on you. (take it as a compliment and politely decline if uninterested)
The stalker guy won't ask. He will just do it without your approval or notice.

michelle l

Originally Posted by lovethesea
What would you do or how would you feel if a complete stranger (male) came up to you and asked to take your picture with his phone?
I'd think he was a freak. Not cool.

nw2sltfsh

Darth Tang said:
The guy asking you for the picture is hitting on you. (take it as a compliment and politely decline if uninterested) QUOTE]
You know I understand what your saying but I keep having these pictures flash through my mind that people post on here of unfortunate people and say look at this dork - Not saying I feel I look like a dork - but Photoshop is pretty amazing
Besides who wants to open next months Glamour magazine and realize your a DON'T because some guy asked for your picture

keleighr

WEIRD!!
Ok True story.
Young kid comers in (a few months ago) into the place where I get my hair done.
Asks the owner GiGi if she is married. She looked so confused (we all did cause we weren't expecting that question to come out of his mouth).
She asked him what did he ask, he repeats the question.
She tells him why is he asking.
Tells her she is really good looking and he wants to take a picture of her.
He goes to reach in his Back pack and that's when she totally freaked out!
Told him to leave cause she was calling the police.
Ok he has actually now become so well known that the police are watching him!!!
High Schooler but CREEPY!!!
Until you get to know the person I would NEVER let them take a picture of me.
You have no idea what they are going to use it for nor do you want your face edited to be used on "a different" kind of picture!!

lovethesea

Thank you!
Most of us girls/gals/ladies/chicks....whatever we call ourselves these days....now have to have a built in sensor. For a split second it may seem cute, benign, even flattering.
BUT, when your gut/little voice etc. is saying NO, SCAREY, WALK AWAY, STRANGER DANGER etc.... this is a scarey proposition to most of us.

scotts

As a dude let me say that is a DON'T! In fact a couple of months ago I was cell phone shopping. I had a cell phone that I can take pictures with. There was a family there with a cute toddler. I thought about taking a picture of the kid just to show the kid his picture on the phone. But decided against it because of the creep factor that they might feel and I did not want them to worry about some guy having a picture of their kid on a cell phone.

J

jdragunas

i was seeing this guy once in college (for about a week, so i don't know if that counts as "seeing"). Well one day in was hanging out with him in his dorm room, and he asked if he could take my picture. I said OK, but i was kind of uncomfortable with it. It still makes me think of some sort of serial killer or something. You know, they have the picture of you on their wall, and when they kill you, they put a big X through it... blah!!! Or it kinda made me think that maybe he has a book labeled "the girls i've scored with"... hope he didn't put me in there, because nothing like that happened...

madison

It's just too freaky! I was in Vegas last month with a bunch of girlfriends and some guy started taking pictures of us in Taboo (MGM) 1 or 2 are cool...but when he just started with one after another and another...we told the bouncer and MGM actually took the phone away from the guy and erased the pics and 86'd him!

T

thomas712

So would it be ok if I sent lovethesea a cell phone and she took a picture of herself for me and then sent the cell phone back to me?
Just kidding.
Why can't people just hide in the bushed like I do with a telephoto lens, sheez

Just kidding again.
Guess if I were a gal I'd tell the guy no thank you and tell him to go and purchase one of "those" magazines with the pretty girls in it. Or you could charge him $20.00 to take a pic of you.
:thinking:
Ja sam umoran = I'm tired.

lovethesea

still studying Croation Thomas?

I just think the photo cell phone thing is weird. And people think nothing of taking peoples picture and becasue they have the pic, you don't know whats going to be done with it as stated above. Some think becasue they have the cell phone they are entitled to use it as they wish without thinking about the person/s involved.

aredmon

I have a camera phone and so does my husband. We like to take pics of weird things. He works in a bigger city and he takes pics of wild animals running around in the streets.(deer, skunk ect.) I on the other hand have a bad habit of taking pics of people who look like stars or well known people. I have seen people that look like Bin Ladin, Elen Degeneris, Willie Nelson, and so on. I never keep the pics but my husband thinks it is funny that I find so many look alikes in such a small town.
But as to the question no I would find it creepy for someone to just ask me for mt pic.

J

jdragunas

hey, burnt jamaican lady!!! haven't seen you in a while!!!
and btw, you weren't too clear... "But as to the question no I would find it creepy for someone to just ask me for my pic."... do you mean it WOULD be creepy, or it WOULDN'T be creepy???

mimzy

How much validation does that boy need?
I bet he's gonna do it anyhow, too.
Good. Maybe he'll get arrested and spend a night in jail.
...where he'll meet his soulmate.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
still studying Croation Thomas?

I just think the photo cell phone thing is weird. And people think nothing of taking peoples picture and becasue they have the pic, you don't know whats going to be done with it as stated above. Some think becasue they have the cell phone they are entitled to use it as they wish without thinking about the person/s involved.

And yet, no one thinks twice about posting their pictures all over the internet...like in the fourms here. The risk of some werido taking a picture off the net and doing whatever with it is pretty high....yet, pictures are posted here without a second thought. So, what would be the difference with a phone photo moment? :thinking:

lovethesea

some people may post their pic if they wish (and who knows....maybe its not their pic :thinking: ) People would have to search for the pics they want. (for whatever reason) yearbooks, fund raisers, etc all over the net and free for anyone who has to time to look.
BUT, to randomly take ones pic or feel like you have the right to take a persons pic is strange.

farmboy

You beat me to it, Beth. I post pics of our tank and fish etc. but I don't like the idea of my family's pictures being out there in cyber space for any sicko to snag. It could make me very angry to think about.

Just my $0.02.