Give a Hand to MURPH145

rubberduck

Wow well iw as serfing the web and found a worlwide picture contest and out of more than 300 tanks and 10's of thousands of votes
heres his profile
Ratings: 6.97
Number of votes: 346
Quote: once you go reef you'll never go back
Advice: be patient, do your research, be patient, and get the right equipment the first time
Fish Kept: blue hippo tang, fuzzy dwarf lion, damsils, tomato clown, white ribbon eel, mandarin goby, siscor tail dart fish
Plants Kept: sps (blue staghorn acropora, lavendar humilis, orange digitata, yellow/pink tipped plata, green stag, yellow/purple tip monti, purple porites, blue tipped acro, purple tipped acro, green/pink acro, red millipora, and brown porites rock) frogspawn, toadstool, finger leather, bubble, super purple crocea clam, super blue crocea, xenia, polyps, zoo's (green,yellow, orange, red, brown, pink), mushrooms (green, teal, orange, lavender), colt, GSP, rose anemone, feather dusters, shrimp, serpent star, knobby star, blue linkia
Tank Size: 100
Photo caption: new pic
Description: 100 gallon reef tank, 150Lbs LR, 3" LS, 500W MH 20K + 200W PC 10K, 2 fluval 404's tank bottom drilled, UV filter, skimmer, Auto Top Off System, 1/3hp chiller, custom canopy and stand with built in CPU fans for cooling down lighting in canopy
es....Murph145 got 22 place with

rubberduck

Again congrats on the 22nd place and cool tank again. Im excited for ya because when i saw that...i was like thats murphys tank. but then i was like no but when i saw the profile with the fuzzy lion. i knew it was you. Great job!

rubberduck

this person. like a 215 tank
amazing thing is that this person used only t-5 bulbs...about 800 watts of it LOL
travis
1st place goes to this tank

saltfan

Gee, and I woulda thought that first place woulda gone to that guy up in Oregon with the 850g reef tank.

murph145

wow thats funny u found that rubberduck!
i posted that a while back on that site for voting and i forgot to ever check back on it to see how it had done....
anyways that tank is no longer with me anymore

got rid of some of the live stock and some fo the corals and lost a few of my sps corals but thats y i switched it up and just got my new 180G tank up and running this past weekend
im planning this one to be a mainly sps dominated reef tank im guna let it wait a lil while then add some more rock and make some nice aqua scaping get rid of some of the colt coral and then add the sps
i just added a school of anthias
heres a few pics of the new tank up and running
heres a list of the equipment
180G lee mar euro style flat polished clearview glass
Closed loop running an Oceans Motion 4 way on a sequence Dart pump
return pump pan world 100x-x
36" sump with a 55W PC light set on reverse ligth cycle cheato macro algae
UV Filter
Fluval 404 running carbon
Aqua Via Chiller 1/2 hp
MRC-CR2 calcium reactor with 10lb bottle mag 2 pump and jbj dual guages in-line PH PinPoint PH monitor
JBJ auto top off system
RO/DI system
ASM-G4 skimmer
2-250WDE 20K Helios with PFO pendants and ballast and 260W of mixed PC set on timers
as of now 125lbs+lbs of LR
120LBS LS
about 30x's of flow in the tank
once its all done it should be a ncie tank
give me like 6 months and well see whos number one lol

rubberduck

murph145 said:
wow thats funny u found that rubberduck!
i posted that a while back on that site for voting and i forgot to ever check back on it to see how it had done....
anyways that tank is no longer with me anymore

got rid of some of the live stock and some fo the corals and lost a few of my sps corals but thats y i switched it up and just got my new 180G tank up and running this past weekend
QUOTE]
To tell you the trueth seems to me i would like it more now Murphy
Great tank and yes in 6 months i will probley be drooling over it even more. again congrats on the 22nd place. Thing is there as like 300 entrees so you should be very happy.
travis

murph145

yeah thats cool im glad i did moderatley well i hope in the next few months i get this one lookin good and we can see what place i can get ;-)
im guna try and get some nice sps colonies growing and keep it farely open too at the same time for the fish to swim around and to give the tank some depth without over crowing