give em coral suggestions. difficulty: poma angel

nuro

im looking to pick up soem new coral and would liek suggestion for lps or softies.
difficulty: my poma angel will nip and anything fleshy, ie. candy cane coral, i even had to get rid of my gren carpet becuase of it.

mr.clownfish

you can either get rid of the angel and buy all the coral u want, or keep the angel and have no coral.
its up to you

good luck

mr.clownfish

but coral suggestions i would go with some leather. thats the only thing that the angel might not nip at. but every angel is different so i dont really know.
good luck!!!

btldreef

I'm going to have to agree and say, get rid of the angel. If you want LPS, softies or leathers, you're going to have a tough time with your fish if it's already nipped at coral. You're basically stuck with SPS or some brains. But if the fish is even nipping at candy canes, I don't even know if brain coral or some sps will work.

Have you tried always having seaweed clips available for the fish?

nuro

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3164670
I'm going to have to agree and say, get rid of the angel. If you want LPS, softies or leathers, you're going to have a tough time with your fish if it's already nipped at coral. You're basically stuck with SPS or some brains. But if the fish is even nipping at candy canes, I don't even know if brain coral or some sps will work.

Have you tried always having seaweed clips available for the fish?
ya, i keep seeweed in there at all times as well as a constant supply of live spomge for him to eat. he leaves my other coral alone, i have torch, leather, and star polyps he wont even look at.

btldreef

Originally Posted by nuro
http:///forum/post/3164929
ya, i keep seeweed in there at all times as well as a constant supply of live spomge for him to eat. he leaves my other coral alone, i have torch, leather, and star polyps he wont even look at.
so it's just the candy cane that he picks at?