Given a wonderful gift...but.

Weatherboy

Got a 75 gal. All is good. Very little maintenance. Really, I don’t do much.
Two marine land 350s on back, a fan and UV sterilizer.

Was just give some great fish. A flame angel, a coral beauty angel, a Hoeven wrass and a branded coral shrimp. All small maybe. 2” at most.

Now what I already have:
2 ocesalarious clowns
2 blue/yellow damsels
2 firefish
2 Green Chromis
1 medium size yellow tang
1 medium diamond golby
Chocolate chip star fish
Pink urchin
Assorted crabs/snails
1 bubble tip
Maybe 20-30lbs of live rock (never weighed)

At first glance, waaaay too many fish, so time to ditch chromis and damsels at least.

Or do I need to?

I do hope to keep things simple and not start adding skimmers and such and honestly haven’t had to clean much over the 9 mons I had a tank. Levels always are pretty good.

Thoughts. Juts couldn’t turn down the free fish.

jay0705

The two angels will kill each other. Thats a no no. The wrasse will get big. That said if your going low maintenance way too much bio load. If you stay on top of things your fine but only 1 angel.

silverado61

There's a couple more items to note: I know you don't have corals now but Chocolate Chips and Pink Urchins love to dine on corals. I'd keep an eye on the Bubble Tip. If it decides to get pissed off or just dies I don't think your filtration is adequate to handle the fallout.

Just a thought.

Weatherboy

Well poop.
On this site and others, that kind of wrasse maxes out at 4”.

Also on this forum, several have no issues with flame and coral beauty. Now I’m torn?

As for bioload would getting rid of my chromis help? Then maybe my damsels.

Isn’t there a chance of any anomme doing that?

Sorry, don’t mean to sound defensive.

silverado61

Yes, there is a chance of any Nem doing that but that just proves the point.

And no, you don't sound defensive. You have questions and need answers.

jay0705

Just bc people try to mix them doesn't mean it works. The flame is the more aggressive. Look at a lfs when u go in, they never keep them in same tanks.
As far as the hovans, its a melnurus wrasse. Mine is 6" and iam not sure its done growing.
The damsels and chromis, not much difference no.
Don't worry about being defensive, we can only give you our advice, it will and can vary from person to person.

Weatherboy

Both stores here have them together and told me it’s okay if introduced together, that’s why I took my friends in the first place, but I can’t always trust sales people. That’s why I like reading here.

jay0705

The only store I've ever seen do it is ***** and there record speaks for themselves. There are online sellers that call people that order 2 just to make sure there not going together

Jesterrace

Well poop.
On this site and others, that kind of wrasse maxes out at 4”.

Also on this forum, several have no issues with flame and coral beauty. Now I’m torn?

As for bioload would getting rid of my chromis help? Then maybe my damsels.

The Wrasse maxes out around 6-7 inches. As for the dwarf angels it is possible. , . . . .in a very large tank (ie 180 gallon or larger). You are on the bottom end for the recommended size for ONE Dwarf Angel. The Yellow tang is also really pushing it in a 75 gallon.