Giving up on clowns

gkl

I have NEVER had any luck with clowns. Every percula/ocellaris I get dies. EVERY ONE!!!
I don't understand it. About two weeks ago I bought two (wild) percula clowns, they were very active even when I brought them home and put them in my tank. Last week, I found one laying on the bottom of the tank, and now, the other one has decided not to eat anymore. I love these little fish but I quit. My levels are good, I just finished a water change hoping this would help. I tried to feed a frozen variety thinking he was tired of flakes, still didn't eat. I guess I will be scooping him from the bottom in a few days.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

K

kimc

I have read that tank raised are hardier.... Have you tried tank raised clowns??

slammy16

Something must be wrong, I have a clown that has a death wish but he keeps on living, he has survived ick, i had my pump quit on hiim so he had no circulation, then he survived my Maroon Clowns bad attitude, then he took a nose dive on the carpet have no idea how long he was laying there put him back in my qt tank and finally got him his own tank and he is doing wonderful now. I dont think you can kill these fish....

gkl

I can't find anything wrong, he's not sick, the other fish are non-agressive. I have one green chromis, one cardinal, and one cleaner shrimp in with him. He was eating fine until two days ago. I forgot to turn the blue light off the other night and since then he hasn't wanted to eat. Do you think that stressed him out?

f1shman

I don't know what to tell you.. maybe you have something in that tank that you don't know about that knocks out clownfish? lol sorry for joking, but i cant think of what else it would be... its a mystery!!! And slammy my tank raised clownfish has jumped in the back of my nanocube into the filtering stuff like 5 times, he comes up to the top saying "move me back to the big tank!" and basically just lets me easily move him back into the main tank area, he hasnt showed any stress from this at all, they are indestructable!

gkl

Well the water change seemed to help, he's perked up at least but still not eating. I tried flakes, frozen variety and I cut up little tiny pieces of fresh shrimp. He acts like he's starving and is the first in line when its feeding time but he spits it right back out. Don't know what else to do. Just hope for the best, I guess. :confused:

R

red79

Why don't you try garlic? Isn't that suppose to get fish that wont eat to eat? I swear that was what I read on one of the bottles of garlic at my LFS the other day. Also suppose to help with illnesses too.

feixjai

i have also read that garlic will work. you can buy it at a lfs but it is expensive. most people would just soak the food in garlic juice. and it is to entice the fish and it also treats illnesses like what red said.

R

red79

I know a few people that use it and they say it is expensive but you only use a little at a time so it does last awhile. I know some of them say they pay $20 bot it will last them 6 months or more and they use it everyday. I use another fish site that they all just swaped some recipies and ideas on how to add garlic. If you want the info just email me and I will help you get it red79@wowway.com