Giving up!!

a&a2

I was in the same situation 3 years ago. Went through about $400.00 of fish. I believe a tank needs to be 1 year old before it is fully established. My water paramaters were fine too, but the 1st year kept losing fish. Knock on wood, it has been 2 years and haven't lost one yet :cheer: You may want to find another place to buy your fish. Chances are they are not healthy when you buy them, unfortunately you don't find that out till you get them to your tank! Like everyone says RELAX it will work out for you

crazyaqua

QT can be put any where and how quick were you adding your fish because if you add to many at once that can stress them out or overload your bioload

tinysmajick

Don't give up.
About a month ago I was ready to give up as well.
I lost about $150.00 worth. I know to some that isn't much, but to me it is.
I just took a deep breath and treated the problem accordingly.
Now my tank is doing awesome. Be patient. It will turn around for ya

highcottn1

haha no it probably wont, my dad has lost it he's saying that its just to much money. we have spent about 450$ last month and today i spent 50$ on media bags and biolodgical filter media. its just to bad cuz my clownfish is now dead!

tinysmajick

Well, if your father is funding it, and is fed up with the expense, then I'm sorry.
You are probably right. You will have to try again(if you want) when you start funding the majority of it.
Maybe not though, maybe he'll come around.
Best of luck.

highcottn1

my father isnt completely funding it he is only helping out. ive spent most the money, and we share this thing like 60 40 me

clownfish4

Originally Posted by highcottn1
yes i did! ive been on this thing for 9 fricken months i know tons! i did check my water and it was fint! i dunno whats wrong with it, i really dont know
HEY HEY HEY CALM DOWN NO NEED TO CURSE THERE ARE KIDS ON THIS SITE TO YOU KNOW. JUST CALM DOWN.

walmart

really i wanted to buy from here because the fish prices here are about half of what i pay at my lfs i just did not know how it would fair through the shipping and waht not,
and i wish my dad would fund my fish keeping hobby. o well

tinysmajick

The prices are good here. Their fish are good as well. (mine were at least)
His father isn't funding it, misunderstanding.
my father isnt completely funding it he is only helping out.

highcottn1

Originally Posted by clownfish4
HEY HEY HEY CALM DOWN NO NEED TO CURSE THERE ARE KIDS ON THIS SITE TO YOU KNOW. JUST CALM DOWN.

hahaha u calm down dude i am only 14, well about to be 15, but o well. yes i am starting to buy from here.i dont really like my lfs. they charged bio media 25$ i did talk with my dad and if he said that all my fish died he'll help me out i usually work over the summer. thats when i got enough money to buy the whole thing. i still dont know what all this yellow algea is thats growing on my rock.

tinysmajick

There ya go
Happy to here it!
Yellow algae? Never heard of it. :notsure: But I'm still a newbie at this.

Got any pics?

tinysmajick

i have another quaestion. i only have 250 gph is that enough

The word is, NO.
You need it to turn about 10x
And watch for dead spots.
One person said to use several small powerheads to achieve this
Hope this is helpful.