Glad to see you aren't wasting any time G.O.P...

Well the G.O.P. has made good on it's promise to try and repeal health care. Only problem is that once it gets through one house, it is guaranteed to not make it through the other, and if for some reason it did, it would be vetoed by Obama.
That's time well spent to simply make a point; while you know on the other hand, you could be dealing with things that actually could help your constituients...

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid http:///forum/thread/383327/glad-to-see-you-aren-t-wasting-any-time-g-o-p#post_3351902
Well the G.O.P. has made good on it's promise to try and repeal health care. Only problem is that once it gets through one house, it is guaranteed to not make it through the other, and if for some reason it did, it would be vetoed by Obama.
That's time well spent to simply make a point; while you know on the other hand, you could be dealing with things that actually could help your constituents...
Repealing obamacare would help the constituency.

slice

And today the House GOP listed $2.5 Trillion they want to cut.
http://www.usnews.com/news/washington-whispers/articles/2011/01/20/house-gop-lists-25-trillion-in-spending-cuts
Its a great start. Taking a stand. Standing up for principles, even if it is difficult to accomplish.
"Simply making a point"?!? The point is that this is the right thing to do!
They gotta keep it up, though, and not get weak-kneed as per usual...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice http:///forum/thread/383327/glad-to-see-you-aren-t-wasting-any-time-g-o-p#post_3351916
http://www.usnews.com/news/washington-whispers/articles/2011/01/20/house-gop-lists-25-trillion-in-spending-cuts
Its a great start. Taking a stand. Standing up for principles, even if it is difficult to accomplish.
There is difficult, and then there is impossible. Repealing Obamacare is impossible so long as he is in office. So it's just chest puffing, political posturing...
Which in my opinion is a complete waste of time, when they could be actually working towards something that they can
pass...
And for the record, I voted for R- Kasich and R- Renacci this past election because I figured it was worth a shot to see if they could do anything better. This is not
a good start...

slice

Both Obama and ranking Dems are stepping back from some of the provisions of the bill. This was thought impossible before the Nov election.
What needs to happen is a debate; perhaps the senate GOP can force that issue, make the Dems justify their position.
IMO, this certainly would not be a waste of time. Particularly since the Dems allowed no debate the first time, heck, they didn't even know what was in the bill!
We "have to pass it to see what is in it", now that we see a bit of it, maybe we can pass it through the smell test.
30,000 resulting pages of regulations are about to come out. I think somebody needs to be talking about this.
I understand your concern, but at least we will have the groundwork in place once we get a new president.
Thank you for your votes.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid http:///forum/thread/383327/glad-to-see-you-aren-t-wasting-any-time-g-o-p#post_3351917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
http:///forum/thread/383327/glad-to-see-you-aren-t-wasting-any-time-g-o-p#post_3351916
There is difficult, and then there is impossible. Repealing Obamacare is impossible so long as he is in office. So it's just chest puffing, political posturing...
Which in my opinion is a complete waste of time, when they could be actually working towards something that they can
pass...
And for the record, I voted for R- Kasich and R- Renacci this past election because I figured it was worth a shot to see if they could do anything better. This is not
a good start...
Why not, I think they should do this once a week. It isn't like congress doesn't ACTUALLY waist time, like all those honorary day bills and stuff. Now this is just me, but honoring a campaign pledge no matter how improbably doesn't seem like a waste of time to me...

oscardeuce

Reid seems scared to let the senate vote. I wonder why.
I m,et with my accountant today. I own some apartment, and there are at least 10 businesses I buy appliances or other services from I now have to generate a 10-99 for.
How does that " reform" health insurance.
As to the lies about this being "life or death" EMTALA is still out there. As an emergency physician I can not turn people away.

reefraff

Never a waste of time to put Reid and his cronies in the Senate on record as not willing to bring up this abortion of a health care disaster up for a vote. They'll use it to take control of the Senate in 2012.
As far as NEVER be repealed they also said there was no way a Reid Pelosi congress would ever extend the Bush tax cuts. Welcome to political reality.

darthtang aw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid http:///forum/thread/383327/glad-to-see-you-aren-t-wasting-any-time-g-o-p#post_3351902
That's time well spent to simply make a point; while you know on the other hand, you could be dealing with things that actually could help your constituients...
1. Trying to repeal Healthcare is helping their constituents. Especially since the house changed hands because the constituents are not happy with the bill, among other things.
2. There is a strong possibility it would pass the Senate. Many of the democrats that voted for it are up for reelection this next term. Many of those senators are in areas that are not happy with the healthcare bill at all. This vote puts them in a position....They must choose, risk their jobs, or follow what their constituents want.
3. If it passed the house and the Senate, President Obama will have a tough choice. Sure he can Veto it and there might not be enough votes to overturn a Veto. But, he is up for reelection in less than 2 years...would vetoing the repealed bill cost him his job? With Rising gas prices (almost to Bush year levels now guys), The increased deficit, a slow moving economy, High unemployment, and a faltering war effort, this may be the catalyst decision on his reelection. Remember he was highered to fix these problems that were "inherited". It doesn't matter if he caused them or not, they have not been fixed. Would you retain an employee you hired to fix a problem, that can't get the problem fixed. Even though they did not cause the problem in the first place? Especially since they claimed to be able to fix the problems? So would he Veto the bill? That is a Maybe, not a definite.

darthtang aw

I've got a great idea for deficit reduction. It will yield a savings of $230 billion over the next 10 years: We increase spending by $540 billion while we increase taxes by $770 billion.
This is your healthcare bill...................

srfisher17

Passing the repeal in the House will force every Dem to defend their position NOT to repeal it in 2012. Keeping this monster constantly in front of the public is not only good politics; it shows the electorate that they are being listed to and keeps attention on this outright assault on capitalism. Depending on Justice Kennedy; I'll bet the Supreme Court finds the mandatory insurance provision unconstitutional, as they should.

oscardeuce

Remember there's quite a bit of non-healthcare stuff in the bill. If you have a small business like I do, then your paperwork burden just increased. Among other things, for every business I do $600 or more with every year I now have to generate a 10-99. For me that is at least ten.
Funny how that works.
In an effort to same money the gov't expands by about 16,000 new IRS agents. That really saves money.
Again, everyone in the USA already HAS access to healthcare. Emergency Rooms cannot turn away any patient.

reefraff

Yes but don't you know how damaging it is to one's self esteem to have to steal health care instead of making others pay for it?

t316

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscardeuce http:///forum/thread/383327/glad-to-see-you-aren-t-wasting-any-time-g-o-p#post_3353320
Remember there's quite a bit of non-healthcare stuff in the bill. If you have a small business like I do, then your paperwork burden just increased. Among other things, for every business I do $600 or more with every year I now have to generate a 10-99. For me that is at least ten.
Funny how that works.
In an effort to same money the gov't expands by about 16,000 new IRS agents. That really saves money.
Again, everyone in the USA already HAS access to healthcare. Emergency Rooms cannot turn away any patient.
I deal with about 300 builders in the Raleigh area. My phones have been ringing off the hook.....everyone wanting those tax forms.
I believe that, at the very least, they are going to have so many complaints about this load they are putting on the small business owners that they will eliminate some of this crap.

reefraff

Tripped over this quote the other day. I'll see if anyone knows who said it.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living. I'd like to know why they make excuses for cowards who spit in the faces of the police and then run behind the judicial sob sisters. I can't understand these people who carry placards to save the life of some criminal, yet have no thought for the innocent victim."

t316

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/383327/glad-to-see-you-aren-t-wasting-any-time-g-o-p#post_3353920
Tripped over this quote the other day. I'll see if anyone knows who said it.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living. I'd like to know why they make excuses for cowards who spit in the faces of the police and then run behind the judicial sob sisters. I can't understand these people who carry placards to save the life of some criminal, yet have no thought for the innocent victim."

I had to look it up, so I won't reveal, but I was surprised. I was first thinking Ted Nugent.