Glass bottle soda

jimmy 4

I think that it did. It may be because the soda stays colder longer.
It would be cool if it was still and option to get glass bottles and recycle them. They could just clean them and refill them. Seems better than plastic to me.

socal57che

In Mexico you can still buy soda pop made with sugar. I think that was the real difference. Corn syrup just doesn't taste as good.

aquaknight

The "taste" of the plastic has a lot to do with it IME. Even chugging out of 2 liter or pouring into a glass, the glass will taste better. Same thing beer cans vs. beer bottles. That's of course why I only get my Natural Ice in bottles.

fuz_munky

i think its because the glass keeps it colder and fresher than the plastic bottle . . . but i dunno. . . it could be the plastic giving the soda a weird taste. To me the glass tastes better

stdreb27

I dunno, I don't like drinking from Glass bottles since they re-fill them, no telling how dirty they really are.

L

lsu

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/2571105
In Mexico you can still buy soda pop made with sugar. I think that was the real difference. Corn syrup just doesn't taste as good.
That is so true, there is a "Mexican" store that sells "Mexican coke" it taste so much better than our coke. There is a movie called "King Corn" which tells ya why we use corn syrup, kinda messed up. Bottled coke also taste better, no idea why though.

reefraff

any of you old enough to remember milk in glass bottles? Good Stuff!
I like soda from th cans better than plastic

L

lsu

I just noticed ya'll call it soda. We refer to all soft drinks as coke. I am pretty positive I have never heard anyone here call cokes soda. Guess it's a regional thing.

reefforbrains

Like refering to coke, pepsi ect all as "pop". I chuckle inside when I hear it. Definatley a midwest thing.
Hands down bottles everytime when avaialble.

monkdaily

in texas there is a dp bottler that makes it with sugar cain sugar its soo good its in dublin texas. chucken express areound here also sells it but you gotta go to dublin to get a six pack or something. but i perfer the can. unless its beer then bottle

reefraff

I always referred to it as coke until I got married. The wife and kid say soda and I picked that up.

jaymz

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/2571105
Also in mexico most restaraunts serve coke in the glass bottle.. some of the bottles you get look like the have been being refilled for the past 30 years. This was in acapulco.
Im from indiana and I have always called it soda.. and people who call it pop are on the other side of the word.. soda-pop
And it did taste better from the glass bottle

socal57che

Originally Posted by Jaymz
http:///forum/post/2571903
Also in mexico most restaraunts serve coke in the glass bottle.. some of the bottles you get look like the have been being refilled for the past 30 years. This was in acapulco.
Im from indiana and I have always called it soda.. and people who call it pop are on the other side of the word.. soda-pop
And it did taste better from the glass bottle
Rogelio (one of my coworkers) brings soda pop with him to work each day. He lives in Tijuana and will not drink the corn syrup stuff under any circumstance.
There is a place in St Louis that still bottles (in glass) root beer with cain sugar. Some Costco's in the midwest carry it. Same recipe since like 1947. Awesome root beer.
I'm from Missouri and it was pop there. Here on the left coast it's soda. Talk about some strange looks.