Glass scratch removal

G

g_d

Picked up a used 85 gal tank today with a few small scratches on the inside.
Anybody have recommendations to remove them or cover them?
TIA
Also recommended cleaning agents. I am doing scraping with a razor blade. But what for the final cleaning of the glass?

jesikarose

i have a 120 with the same problem... From what I understand there is really nothing that will get rid of scrathes.. think about it.. the only thing that can cut glass is a diamond
IMO

G

g_d

Originally Posted by JesikaRose
i have a 120 with the same problem... From what I understand there is really nothing that will get rid of scrathes.. think about it.. the only thing that can cut glass is a diamond
IMO
They can grind glass and shape it to make a pair of eye glasses. There must be some way to hone out or polish out the scratches.

jesikarose

i dont know maybe you can buff it like you would a car... I dont know... I am a chick who works in a farm store... i sell chickens... LOL...

katz

I have scratches on my tank too, but I left them because they are low on the tank.
Clean with vinager and hot water.
Katz

mandarin w

As far as scratches goes, no clue. I'm dealing with a few myself.
As far as cleaning goes, use the white vinigar. fill the tank up with warm water and vinigar, let it soak overnight, Next morning will come clean with almost no effort. Best cleaning stuff around. You don't want to have to scrap with razor blades and scrub with scouring pads they might add to the scratches you already have.

efishnsea

i dont know maybe you can buff it like you would a car... I dont know... I am a chick who works in a farm store... i sell chickens... LOL...
I'm looking for some chickens, I'm serious....Do you ship. What kind do you sell.
efish :happyfish nsea

G

g_d

IMO
Thanks for the answer but the diamond thing on glass is wrong. Think about it. Whether somebody dragged the glass with live rock and it was diamond encrusted live rock or somebody took their engagement ring and purposely made some scratches.
Only diamond can cut glass?? LOL

G

g_d

I dont want to hyjack his thread, But we sell all types of chickens, we cant ship. If you want some basic info on them email me @ Jesika_rose@msn.com
Don't want to hijack my own thread either, but my brother is looking for a Blue Sumatra chicken.

jesikarose

Originally Posted by G_D
Don't want to hijack my own thread either, but my brother is looking for a Blue Sumatra chicken.

That I dont have... I would check a hatchery