Glitsch King Ballast 13??

krashpd

I've been really trying to clean my new tank and get rid of all of the crushed corl, dried alge and stuff. In the back of the acrylic tank is an overflow. On each side of the overflow tube(and compartment), there are separate compartments that were mostily filled with little black rings that look like two propellers glued together. They were printed with Ballast Glitsch Ring 13 on them. There were also some of the blue bio-balls in these compartments but not very many. These compartments are filled at the top around the overflow and the water looks like it exits through slits at the base of the tank into the main area again. This is a 92 gallon acrylic corner tank that was custom built by ocean-vu I guess about 4-5 years ago. If anyone can help explain what this is and does and how those compartments work I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Krash

krashpd

I tried to contact Ocean-Vu but only got an answering machine. I'll have to go check them out when I get over to that side of town again. It is pretty far from my house. Thanks for the Help Dogstar.
Krash