Glue and rocks?

fishwanabe

Hello,
I am going to have a dead spot on the one end of my 90g that will be up against the wall and not veiwable. I was thinking that I would glue my rocks base/live all up and down this side with what ever will hold. I hope to make a cliff effect. I have one tube of "aquastik" which says it works on glass and one tube of "holdfast" which also says it's ok for glass, I realize I'll need more, but new to all of this it's hard to know if it will hold and stay put in a tank full of water and powerhead movement. I don't want the cliff to someday fall. Thanks in advanced

sk8shorty01

Sorry, never used them. I would say wait until you do a water change and have to pull some of the water out. Better safe than sorry.

fishwanabe

sorry, maybe I was not clear, I do not have the tank set up yet, looking at July(finally:). I plan to glue the rock on the end before I ad water or anything. Thanks for you reply though....

sk8shorty01

Oh ok. When you were talking about the powerheads and stuff blowing on the rocks, I thought you meant while the glue was drying or something. It should be fine, and hey, if it does fall down, you can always fix it! Good luck...

nietzsche

i think using epoxy would be fine. look into the type of epoxy that's out there though. i read a book somewhere about gluing your rocks with epoxy, letting them dry and then putting them in the tank

fishwanabe

Thanks all, I think the cliff affect will look fantastic, can't wait!! does anyone know what type of base rock will be best to use? I'm asuming that there are a few types of rock that you can not use ie, lime stone... but what about the flat slate type, I hope to make the cliff look like it is larger at the top and then decend smaller to the bottom so fish can have a spot to hide if they want to.