glued my fingers together again

reefkprz

no matter how long I have been doing this I manage to still glue myself together or to something once in a while...... gloves, remember the gloves. unfortunately I peeled my fingers apart before I thought to snap a picture.

novahobbies

Been there, done that...but usually with models, not reefkeeping. Thinset ZapCA is MUCH more likely to glue your fingers than CA gel is.

spanko

Nail polish remover helps with super gluing your fingers together.
Sometimes we just don't learn eh?

desertdawg

Run your fingers thru your hair (assuming you still have some) before you touch the glue, the light coating of oils will help....
Learned this building RC airplanes for years.

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdawg http:///t/391605/glued-my-fingers-together-again#post_3473923
Run your fingers thru your hair (assuming you still have some) before you touch the glue, the light coating of oils will help....
Learned this building RC airplanes for years.
That's a good idea!!! Thank you for that idea.
I have always heard that Acetone works pretty well for getting cyanoacrylate off of fingers...

desertdawg

yep, acetone will help.
Just remember that the acetone will wash all oils off you skin at the same time allowing the CA to stick even better the second time.

snakeblitz33

Actually, better yet... Mix up some really soapy hot water and add some acetone to it... Then apply it to the superglued area. That will completely get it off... very easily.