Go Steelers!!!!

ruaround

No Steelers No!!!

I will root for the Seahawks, but the Steelers have been the better team...I think they will be tough to beat...

littlebuck

the hell with this dam NFL stopping people from using the Suckerbowl.... they make there money i dont see why its a big deal to use that word for others to try to make money.
BUt go Steelers

ruaround

Originally Posted by Littlebuck
the hell with this dam NFL stopping people from using the Suckerbowl.... they make there money i dont see why its a big deal to use that word for others to try to make money.
BUt go Steelers
huh??? :notsure:

ruaround

Originally Posted by nflnutswif
Do you think he's refering to the seahawks 12 man debate?
that is ridicuolous!!! A&M needs to let it go!!!

nflnutswif

I'm not an aggie but it's been a tradition for so long they want to own the rights, and I think maybe they could on a larger scale like the superbowl!

ruaround

I could/would totally agree if it was another college team in the same conference as A&M... or even if it was mascot related, but to claim that a phrase is thiers and threaten to sue over it is absurd!!!
what about the "Tomahawk Chop"? Atlanta, Cleveland and FSU all use this and there isnt any problem...

littlebuck

i guess no one listens to the radio, the nfl is trying to get people/ companies to stop using the word superbowl to make money. SO here in NC all the the business and radio staions have taken the word out of there ads. Its kinda funny.

ruaround

oh yes...the nfl asks for people not to use the "Super Bowl" for promotion... when I worked in the grocery biz we always had a display called "Super Bowl Party Headquaters"... it is ignorant on their part to do this...it is also promoting the NFL...
the term "biting the hand that feeds" comes to mind

littlebuck

ya i know they make so much money either way it dosent matter but why let others make money off them. JURKS protest the suckerbowl. LOL

so_major

sssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkksssssssssssssss

fishboy091

Originally Posted by so_major
Stealers Suck. They shouldn't even be here. They got so lucky with the colts.
I guess they got lucky with the Bengals and Broncos too, huh? Go Steelers.

fishboy091

Originally Posted by ruaround
that is ridicuolous!!! A&M needs to let it go!!!
Well, the 12th man for a&m has been going on for a while. I don't know about sueing somebody over it but I think it's a reason to be a little upset. BTW don't you have to get someones permission to do that, take something like that?

ruaround

Originally Posted by fishboy091
Well, the 12th man for a&m has been going on for a while. I don't know about sueing somebody over it but I think it's a reason to be a little upset. BTW don't you have to get someones permission to do that, take something like that?
since 1984 seattle retired the #12 in respect for the fans being the 12th man... and A&M did not have the words put up in the stadium yet...* Edit: although A&M does have a tradition and a longer history than the Seahawks... it doesnt mean that a fan is any more devoted than the next... unless you are a front runner
as far as permission...not unless there is a trade mark, copyright, or patent... cmon its the love of the game and being a fan and being part of the team (or atleast feeling as though you are included for spending your hard earned $$$)... there are so many freakin NBA teams that call their fans the 6th man!!!
oh... and littlebuck is right if anyone is looking to profit off of the superbowl you must refer to it as "The Big Game" ... which will prolly make the NRA mad...

dragracer

Yeah lucky, right.........a win is a win is a win. They out played the colts all day and they out played the broncos, Lucky.......you must be right!