Gobies

fishycpa

Is it possible to have more than 1 goby in a tank? Such as a yellow watchman, clown, neon, mandarin (i know they are not real gobies)? I don't have my tank setup yet (6' 125 on order) but I am trying to set up a stock/wish list for the future and don't know if there is an issue with goby compatibility. Thanks for the suggestions

mx#28

Yes, the majority of gobies can be intermixed. However, you might have trouble housing the same species together if they are not a mated pair.

sturner

I don't have a lot of expierence with gobies, but let me say this. I had a yellow watchman, green clown goby and lawnmower blenny together - no problems. After the yellow watchman and green clown gobies were MIA (they dissapeared) I put in a pink blue shrimpgoby, and the lawnmower blenny can't stand him. He's half the size of the new shrimpgoby, but constantly chases him around the aquarium! I guess it depends on the type or size?

mx#28

Originally Posted by sturner
I don't have a lot of expierence with gobies, but let me say this. I had a yellow watchman, green clown goby and lawnmower blenny together - no problems. After the yellow watchman and green clown gobies were MIA (they dissapeared) I put in a pink blue shrimpgoby, and the lawnmower blenny can't stand him. He's half the size of the new shrimpgoby, but constantly chases him around the aquarium! I guess it depends on the type or size?
A lawnmower blenny is not a goby and is more prone act this way.