Goby for a 10g

liverock27

My 10g is cycling right now and it will be a while before I can add a fish, but I have been doing lots of research on what I want. I have been doing a lot of research on the Goby family and really like the yellow watchman goby. I wanted to get some feed back from people that have kept them. I know they are jumpers, so i will be adding a top to the aquarium( I will add one even if I don't end up with this fish). Also, I read that they pair up with shrimp nicely(sometimes). I haven't read anywhere what kind, so I was wondering what a good suggestion for a shrimp should be and should I add them at the same time or should I add the shrimp when I purchase my cleanup crew? Thanks for the any help

nativemic

yellow watchman's are very cool and they pair up with the pistol shrimp nicely :) they take turns standing gaurd to there cave , it is very funny to watch

liverock27

Thanks for the information. Should I get them together or should is it ok to add the pistol shrimp with my cleanup crew?

clown_nut

just out of curiousity...is that the same as the Yellow Clown Goby? Or two diffrent species? Also If not the same are Clown Gobys also known to Jump? I had been Thinking of Putting One in my 2.5 if possible.

crazy4reefs

the clown goby and the watchman goby are different fish. i had a yellow watchman goby and he was my favorite fish. i did buy him and the pistol shrimp together but i guess they didnt like eachother because they didnt pair up.. i think they are great fish.

nativemic

i have seen different post on people saying they bought them together and also seperate. i dont think it really makes a difference. but just like people they have there own personalitys so not all will pair up,--but most do.
i have a wacthman and a pistol in my nano at work and they are great together. they are very entertaining , i would recomend them to anyone going with a nano.:D

liverock27

Thanks for all the help. I will probably wait and add the pistol after I add my cleanup crew just to make sure the water is perfect(wel as close to perfect as it gets) and then add the yellow watchman a little later.

jimlssc24

I had a yellow watchman are great. I thought mine died and i didn't put food in the tank for 2 months. I found him one day after a water change and ihe is still alive! Amazing!:D :D