Goby or no Goby.

hdspringer

Curious if I could put a Clown Goby in an A-pod 24. I have no coral, I've allways heard they like to perch on it. Plenty of Fiji for him though. Also if you know of any acclimation
tips besides the basics. I also worried about the amount of stock that I allready have.
Thanks for any help you can give...
here's stock list
4 Blue legs
4 Red legs
1 scarlet
1 porcelain crab
1 emerald crab
1 arrow crab
1 camel back shrimp
1 pepermint shrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
sea bae clown
bubble tip anemone
carnation anemone
3 turbos 3 nasa's

feixjai

IMO i say go for it. someone correct if im wrong but i heard that clean up crews clean more waste than they add. in my nanocube 24 i have 3 fish which consist of a goldband maroon, royal gramma, and a purplefirefish. for acclimation i just do the basics oh floating bag and drip. for more expensive fish for examply my maroon, i did the drip method for 4 hours just to make sure it was good enough to add her.

bigpete

i dont mean to bum you out but i have never heard of a goby living more than 4 or 5 months, especially in a smaller tank. i have tried many times to keep citron gobies and they would just never eat. even with perfect water quality, they always seemed to die off after a few months. i love gobies and maybe there are better species for captivity. by all means go for it, im just letting you know of my expiriences as wells as many other fellow aquarists ive talked to about the subject. ive tried to hard to keep them alive! anyway, good luck.

hdspringer

I've heard both sides. My friend has a 30 gal. and a 210 gal. The 30 has had six clown gobies added to it, all ending in death. The 210 has 8 gobies living in it all added at different times. Water in both tanks are identical, test wise. He can't explain why. I think I'll try one, their not that expensive, I just don't want to kill anything due to lack of knowledge. Thanks.

b.n.g

and specially they tend to jump out of the tank if u leave ur top open,,,i learned my lesson,,,,,woke in the morning saw my sleeper goby on the floor,,i use to have a nano 24jbj,,but now i upgraded to a 29 gallon,,and bought another goby,,,and he seems really happy,,he even made a little cave for himself.....i would say go for it,,,but just becareful of the flip top canopy.....u dont wanna be sleeping next to a goby......

K

kimc

I have a citron clown goby in my 24g Aqua Pod. It is a very cute and amusing fish. The tank is on my bar so he is always watching us... I say... go for it.... I'd like to get a green clown goby but don't know if I can mix them.... Will have to check