Goby Question?

wildjosh

I have 2 Oscelleris clowns and a "sleeper" banded bullet Goby and everyone seems to be getting along in my 75Gal tank, but I want to get a Diamond Shrimp Goby and a Pistol Shrimp. Will everyone get along? I know the guy at the LFS said the "sleeper" banded bullet goby would fight a Shrimp Goby. But everything I have read says that "sleeper" Banded Bullet Gobies and Diamond Shrimp Gobies are very peaceful. So does anyone have a answer for me :) Thanks

N

nereef

first off, if the diamond shrimp goby you are refereing to is Valencienna puellaris, than this fish won't pair with a pistol shrimp. gobies are peaceful, but they all can hold their own and are usually intolerant of each other. if you can get me latin names of the two gobies you're talking about, i can further help.

wildjosh

I was refering to Valencienna puellaris and Cryptocentrus sp. but I woudln't mind a Amblyeleotris sp. instead of a Valencienna puellaris if it would be better. I thought I read that Valencienna puellaris would create a relationship with a Alpheus anmatus.

N

nereef

since the diamond is a sandsifting (sleeper) goby, i don't believe you will get the relationship you are looking for. i could be wrong though. the other goby you mention is also a sandsifter, and i believe the two would fight. hold on here, though. you may get some other opinions.

dse

Originally Posted by NEreef
http:///forum/post/2703960
first off, if the diamond shrimp goby you are refereing to is Valencienna puellaris
, than this fish won't pair with a pistol shrimp. gobies are peaceful, but they all can hold their own and are usually intolerant of each other. if you can get me latin names of the two gobies you're talking about, i can further help.
actualy valencienna puellaris aka pretty prawn goby forms a remarkable assciation with pistol shrimp (alpheus species)