Goby ??'s, good or bad for sand

fishyfun2

Hello,
Thinking about my first fish in the next couple weeks, I have 29 gal FOWLR, someday to be reef. Was looking at several types of watchman gobys. Question is, are they good or bad for the DSB? My DSB is about 3 inches.
Opinions?

Thanks.

anthony17

i would think it would be good i have a yellow watchman goby and a sand bed that is about an inch deep, gobies like to dig in the sand so i think you would really enjoy having a goby in your tank. you have any pics to post of your tank?

fishyfun2

I need to post some pics, however, it's a brown algae nightmare right now! So, you really like your yellow watchman? They look like fun.

anthony17

yea i love him ive had him close to 3 years, ill go days without seeing him sometimes and he likes to nip at my clown fish if they get to close its funny he wouldnt hurt any other fish but he likes to act like a bully

fishyfun2

They seem so interesting. I've watched them at my LFS (the spotted orange, not the yellow watchman) and they have crushed coral substrate in their tanks. Those things dig the biggest holes!!! Seems like my kids would love to watch them.

What size is your tank? Mine, as i said before, is 29 gal. Original plan was to get 2 clowns and 2 other smaller fish. Think i'll get the goby first though. Not sure what the 4th fish will be. Any suggestions?

anthony17

i have a 55 gallon tank i only have two perc clowns a ywg and a fridmani dottyback, i think it might be better to get the clown fish first then the goby not for sure tho, check into it and make sure you research everything before you buy anything