Goby suggestion

I

ivanfj

Is there any gobies that would sift the sandbed, match up with pistol shrimp, and get along with my pair of clowns??? My tank is only a 20g nano, about 9 months old. Am I asking for trouble if I add another goby in there??? I had clown goby before but he disappeared about 4 days ago. Now I am looking at some other gobies. Please make a few suggestions. :)

J

jake7g

what do you mean he disappeared? How long have you had him? Maybe he is under some of the rocks. It is important that you find him and take him out if he is dead or your water perameters may become toxic.
A great goby to get to sift the sand is the orange diamond goby and there is one with a white body and yellow head witha neon blue stipe, but I forget his name. The diamond goby sifts the sand and leaves it in one place while the other one does it while it is swimming so you won't have piles. I think they both form a relationship wiht the pistol shripm and will share their hole with him.

scooterb

The yellow head with blue body is called a jawfish and they are very animated fish. They will hook up with a pistol shrimp most times if added together. Not sure about it if they're added separate or not. I have a jawfish and two pistol shrimp but they haven't seemed to have bumped heads in the tunnels they've both dug. Good luck

I

ivanfj

But jawfish don't sift the sand right??? I've had my clown goby for almost 8 months and just last Sunday all a sudden he disappeared the next morning. I am thinking the yellow watchman but they don't sift the sand either right???