Going on vacation!?

shnabbles

In 2 weeks i will be away from home for about 5 days, whats the best way to keep the tank fed?
The tanks lights are already on timers, i would only be worried about the fish getting food.

mudplayerx

Five days isn't really a big deal for the fish to go without food. They can supplement themselves on microfauna on the live rock/sand.
Make sure you empty your skimmer before you leave and make sure you have an automatic water topping system!!! The change in salinity in 5 days of missed topoffs in a tank can kill everything...especially if you have metal halide lights.

speg

go to walmart and pick up a automatic fish feeder and boom! tuff actin tanactin!

shnabbles

i was considering the automatic feeder but i didnt think it would hold enough for each day... i guess some food is better then no food.

mantis81

Could you show a friend or family member what to do and get them to feed the fish while you are away? I am going to FL for a week next month and a friend of mine is going to feed the fish and do the topoffs while I am away. Good luck.

snipe

I would just buy an auto feeder and they will hold plenty for one feeding. The only thing you need to worrie about is topoff's.