Golden Dwarf Moray Eel

brenden

Hey, today I have for sale the one and only very rare Golden Dwarf Moray Eel (Gymnothorax Melatremus). I had two of these specially collected for me however due to financial reasons I need to sell one. These retail for anywhere between $350 - $550 when available which isn't alot. I am asking $350 + shipping. If you are seriously interested please post here, or email me at brenden.hewko@sac.on.ca.
Cheers, Brenden

lion_crazz

This is a pretty good deal because these eels are really hard to find.
How long have you had this eel, Brendan?

S

skyhigh222

I think it can't even be seen in a 10 g fish tank. Does it come with a telescope?

brenden

The eels are very small, but I have a 20 gallon set up for them. The eels were collected Yestarday so not long.

S

skyhigh222

i was just wondering why is the price range so high for these eels? Is that they stay small or they are rare? I know that they have Blue eyes. Is it true?

shrimpi

is she eating for you? just curious being that it was so recently collected. Id be interested but scary since you just got her know what I mean?
also, just found one on a popular online site for that same price in stock plus shipping
so maybe you should lower you price below retail to get more response. Just trying to help
Jess

brenden

The price for these eel's is so high due to the simply laws of supply and demand. High demand along with a low supply means increase in price. They do stay small and because of this are hard for the average diver to collect. To my knowledge only a handful of people collect this specimen and by doing so are able to control the number exported to keep the price at a profitable level. As for the eating question, these eels are great eaters, they love small crustceans, squid, fresh fish, shrimp. No point in lowering the price below retail becasue then I would be losing money and becasue it is such a rare eel with very low supply the price isn't able to fluctuate much.

shrimpi

Originally Posted by Brenden
The price for these eel's is so high due to the simply laws of supply and demand. High demand along with a low supply means increase in price. They do stay small and because of this are hard for the average diver to collect. To my knowledge only a handful of people collect this specimen and by doing so are able to control the number exported to keep the price at a profitable level. As for the eating question, these eels are great eaters, they love small crustceans, squid, fresh fish, shrimp. No point in lowering the price below retail becasue then I would be losing money and becasue it is such a rare eel with very low supply the price isn't able to fluctuate much.
I was inquiring more to the fact if THIS specimen is eating. are you referring to the species? what have you fed this specimen?

S

swalchemist

Great Price Man! A LFS near me sold one last year at $500 thats a rare find indeed!

omots

That dwarf appears to be the darker version of the dwarf golden moray, which often seen for sale as low as $175.00