???Golden Moray/Dirty Yellow Moray???

ac

I have a golden moray. He's about 18 inches long and he's pretty mellow. He's in a tank with a bamboo shark and a sting ray. Do you have any specific questions. I've attached a picture.

moray345

Hey AC
Thanks a ton but its not the same moray the one i talking about only grows up to 10 inches
Thanks Alot,
Moray345

fmarini

see yet another reason why common names stink....
One mans golden moray is another mans banana moray
G melatremus is considered a "dwarf" golden or yellow maray. they are typically ID'd by having blue eyes, and ranging from pinkish white to dark golden color. They only reach a foot long and are thick like a magic marker. The key w/ this eel -$$$.
The other golden moray is G milaris, which is what is shown above. G Milaris reach 15-20" (althou they tend to stay smallish) and can range from dark gold to mottled. great eels, very hardy and very willing to take down small fish. Much les expensive than g melatremus
so which one your talking about?

ac

I had him about a year and a half. I got him at a LFS and he cost $125. When I first got him I posted pictures to try and find out what kind he really was. All I could come up with is a golden moray. So if anyone knows different I'd love to find out.:jumping: :jumping:

fmarini

like i wrote in my post above...its appears to be a G milaris.
A golden moray..they come in a bunch of different patterns and color variations (all centered around gold, or yellow)