Goldflake angelfish? anyone has one?

Hi
Anyone know if they can go with a emperor anglish?
8 inch emperor and a flame, looking to get a 2 to 3 inch one.
(180 gallon tank)
curent stock, flame, emperor, hippo, and some smaller fishes.
thanks

raedyaghnam

I have had mine now for about 6 months and he is in the tank with four other angels...a flag fin, a blue face, a juvi emperor, and a queen...they all are doing great togther with no problems...there are also other fish in there too..here is a pic...however, keeping angles together is not usually recommended, I intorduced mine together...so I guess it worked out fine.

ccampbell57

I had one 5 months back that didnt make it out of QT. Severe case of intestinal parasites.
I have a pair arriving on Friday, so hopefully they do much better.
You need to ensure that the goldflakes are very matured in QT and eating like pigs prior to introducing it to your tank with an 8" emperor. My 10" emperor accepts many new fish, but it is due to the fact that I have grown him from 2" and he has had a ton of tank mates.
Be sure to fresh water dip the GF as well as treat for worms and flukes using Prazi Pro.
Good luck

Nice Goldflake you got there raedyaghnam. My emperor was beating up on the blueface. Sold it to the LFS for peanuts. Lucky you to get all those angels. I used to have a trigger that kill everyone in the tank. No luck with triggers either.
CCampbell, Sorry to hear about the QT incident. Yes I always use prazipro and cupramine in QT. I am deciding between a Golden butterfly or Goldflake or flagfin (heard not so hardy). CCampbell are you ordering online for your pair?
A few question about these Goldflakes.. are they rock swirler, or middle swimmer?
Also are they shy or the looking for food type?
One more question did you guys get them to eat off your hands? I will train them in QT.
The reason i am asking is looking for a middle swimmer, brave type, Gold, Yellow type of fish. But dont' want tang as i have a 8 inch Hippo in my tank already. Really want a juvi Queen but I know chaos will break out with the emperor.
Thanks

ccampbell57

The pair are coming directly from Xmas Islands/Hawaii.
I would not hessitate to buy online though due to the fact that there are such good guarantees.