Goni vs Clarkii

arjayl

Ive noticed my Clarkii trying to bed with the green Goni the past couple days. Now Ive noticed a small "bald" spot on the goni where the clown trys to bed. HELP! The Clarkii is the very first saltwater specimin I owned...5 years old...and I've had the Goni for about 1 1/2 years without any issues. What would cause the clown to suddenly try and bed with it? How can I stop it without removing one or the other.
I'm affraid that if I do nothing, then the Clarkii will kill the goni

Update: Still tring to catch that rock crab!

arjayl

Unfortunately I only have a 55 gal. It seems the Clarkii claims the whole tank. I've had the Goni in the same place, on the other side of the tank from the Clarkii. I'm thinking about punishing the Clarkii to the Fuge! I tell you I am po'd :mad:
I recently installed a moon light...would that possible affect the Clarkii??? I'm just wondering what could cause this?
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Bang said that 1 1/2 years is good for a Goni too. The Goni has actually budded a couple times. I had a prev thread about it a while back.

arjayl

I think the clown would be ok in the fuge for a couple weeks...it may give the goni time to relax a bit. Do you have any idea on what would cause this sudden action?
Theve been together for 1 1/2 years!

arjayl

Anemone's move around a bit don't they? Aren't they very bad for other corals? If they are, I'm not sure if I have a spot for one?

arjayl

Do you know of anyone in particular?
Anyone out there with a bubble tip that they're looking to unload?

arjayl

bought a Sabae...17.99 at the LFS. Ive placed it in a spot where I hope it stays. I fed it and will keep trying to feed it for the next couple days. Hopefully with the food source, it will stay in its location. The Clarkii has takedn too it already...of course stealing some of its food.