gonioporia

steve fl.

:help: I',m having trouble with keeping my gonioporia. What exactly do they like to thrive. water conditions are good. Temp. is mid 80's. Is this too high?Everything else is doing great,but it. Not opening up much anymore. Help Please!!!

causeidm

From what I've heard about goniopora, it never stays alive, though I'm sure there is someone on this board who's had success. But I'm sure they could use more details to help you,
How long have you had it?
Have you done a water test?
what are your levels (I.E. Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia, Ph, etc.), even if there all 0, what did you test for and what was the level?
Whats your tank setup? How many gallons, skimmer, lighting?
And any other tidbits of information that might help

steve fl.

:) I have a 15 gallon mini reef, power compacts,day light and atinic. protien skimmer, It's an eclipes tank that I've modified. As far as water quality, I've tested It and my pet store tested It. Everything is good. I have colt. frogspawn,mushrooms.flame scallop, assorted shrimp and fish. Haven't lost anything in two years other than zineas. I dose with B-ionics, iodine, reef former and coraline stimuli. Lots of live rock, and coraline algie. The only thing that out of range to me is the temp. I live in Flordia. (Not puting a chiller on a 15 gallon tank. )Plus arn't most reefs are in my climate! The water is at least this hot.

footbag

I would get the temp to between 78-82. I know it's hard in a nano, but once you lose one coral because of temp, it is a downward spiral.