Good aemones for beginners?

myre

I was just wandering what the hardiest species of anemones are? Any suggestions for a beginner?

S

sinner's girl

nope, aanones aren't for beginners.
How long has your tank been set up? The tank should be set up a min of 6months or longer before adding one. Your water should be perfect and make sure you have the right lights.

pontius

it all depends on what kind of light you have and how long your tank has been up. in my experience, condi anemones are pretty hardy, and they're cheap. won't host clowns though. condis are the only ones I would recommend for a beginner.

stang66200

None - give your tank a good amount of time to establish and to show yourself you can keep your parameters level at all times without spikes.
Then make sure to get some good lights.
Research.
Then maybe get one.

popnfrresh

lol i was gonna say aiptasia also. Technically it is a beginners anenome. BUT if you let it get out of hand it will become a pest in your tank.
Peppermint shrimp, copperband butterflys and some other biological's will eat it.

J

jdragunas

Myre, are you looking for one to host a clownfish? If so, what type of clownfish???
Jenn

mudplayerx

There is no such thing as a hardy anemone, but if you want a cheap one you can get a florida condi. It probably won't survive long in a new tank or with less than intense lighting though :(

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Myre
I was just wandering what the hardiest species of anemones are? Any suggestions for a beginner?
A plastic one. :hilarious
Do a lot of research on anemones.. they are hard to raise, and when they die you can get a heck of a chemical release to your tank. They also can travel around a lot, which is a danger to bottom fish and other corals.

myre

I was looking to host pair of true percula clowns, would a mushroom coral be a good idea?

E

exile415

they won't host a mushroom coral. you can try a toadstool, I've seen a lot of percs host toadstool corals.