Good Camera For Scuba

blazehok68

WELL, AUGUST OF NEXT YEAR I AM GETTING MARRIED AND AM PROBABLY GOING TO SAN PEDRO BELIZE FOR MY HONEYMOON. ONE OF THE MAIN ATTRACTIONS IS DIVING AT THE BARRIER REEF THERE AND AT THE BLUE HOLE. OBVIOUSLY BEING A REEF TANK FREAK, I WANT TO TAKE TONS OF PICS AND POST THEM ON THIS SITE. ONE PROBLEM, I DONT HAVE A CAMERA WHICH I CAN TAKE UNDERWATER FOR THESE PICS. SO, SINCE IT IS A YEAR AND A HALF AWAY, I CAN SAVE SOME PENNIES AND BUY A GOOD CAMERA FOR JUST THIS. ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE A STRICTLY UNDERWATER CAMERA, ACTUALLY I PREFER TO BE ABLE TO USE IT OUT OF WATER ALSO. IT HAS TO BE DIGITAL. I DONT KNOW TOO MUH ABOUT CAMERAS, SO ANYBODY THAT CAN HELP ME OUT WOULD BE A GOOD GUY IN MY BOOK!

JOE

jasonlwrig

I have a sony p100 that I bought the underwater housing for. It is rated to a depth of 40m or 132 feet. I have some great pictures with it and it is an excellent camera above water. In fact my avatar is a picture I took diving off the coast of NC.
It's 5.1 megapixels and I use a 512MB card. I normally get about 200 shots per dive. Here is a link to some of my pictures:
http://www.campusblender.com/photo_f...spx?user=42262

blazehok68

How Much, If You Dont Mind, Was The Underwater Housing? My Fiance Has A Cybershot 5.1mp And I Think It Is A Good Little Camera.

jasonlwrig

I think that the housing was pretty cheap: ~$150 to $200. It is called the Sony Marine Pack. Sony MHPK? Just do a seach on somewhere like pricegrabber or nextag and see what they are able to find for you. That way you can shop prices and see if there is a deal out there.
I payed much more for my external digital flash from Sealife.....

dingo0722

I have a Fuji F440. The camera is very small about 1 inchx3x2.5 and has an aluminum case. It fits nicely in your pocket, can take 4 MP photos an up to 2 min video. I also bought the dive housing for it for about $175. This set up produces awsome pics. I do alot of deep cold water diving and the quality is awsome even with out the strobe
Any questions feel free to ask

dingo0722

up in the North East. Cape Anne and Boston Outer Harbor. I will post a few pics tonight of things I have captured.
This is a picture I took in Key West. I am at about 40feet

sharkbait9

i personal use the sea and sea dx 750 w/ off camera strobe. I love it. it takes great pics here in the dark jersey water and thats hard with all the back scatter. A strobe or constant back light is a must when taken photos under water and low light situations. When I take to the islands the pics are fantastic easy to down load and print right from home or local drug store. Price is right, built with quality for scuba. You can’t go wrong with sea and sea cameras. I started with the 35mm and moved up to the digital. The only problem with any camera and housing is it will F-up your buoyancy until your used to dragging a camera behind you or clipped to your bcd.

jasonlwrig

My camera with housing is VERY slightly negative. I mean less than 1 lb. I wish it were about 1lb positive in case something were to happen. I would rather look for a ceamera at the surface than hunt around on the bottom...