good choice buying inverts/fish off saltwaterfish.com?

hughes07

is it a good idea buying fish/and especially inverts off of saltwaterfish.com. i just got back from the lfs and they were selling turbo snails for 5 bucks a piece. on here its 10 for 10. is it a good choice buying off of here or should i spend the XTRA money on the one at the lfs.

ophiura

Kinda obligated to say yes, right? :D It is a board sponsored by SWF...I think that you may find, over time, there are things that are better/cheaper to buy online such as snails, etc. There is little benefit to seeing them at the LFS or paying LFS prices. There may be other things that you want to see in person, a delicate fish, for example. You may want to see that it eats, behaves well, etc. Other fish may be more rare (difficult to find at an LFS) or you may have a poor LFS in general and don't really want to buy any fish from there. So this is something that will come over time and is somewhat of a personal decision. But other pruchases - dry goods, LR, bulk inverts, I think it is a great deal to get them here.

J

jasonk

i've bought several fish and inverts from here. everything i've bought has arived alive, and in good health. nothing but positive experiences. and i know what you mean about a local store. mine marks everything way up, and they're not even a fish store. they're a pet store with one salt water tank. Yea, for small towns.

terrence

In 4 orders from SWF, I've had one DOA....and they replaced it on my next order. I've purchased all my clean up crew from them....yes, you can't find any better prices. Also, I don't know if I'm luckey or it's their policy....but every time I order 10/20 snails or 10/20 crabs....I get a 'bakers dozen'...several extra. I wouldn't go anywhere else!!!!