CoraLife 265w PC lighting
Am - 0
Trite- 0
Trate - 5
ph - 8.4
Temp 78.4-80.2
sg - 1.025
water turns over 12.5x per hour
I'm wondering what would be a good coral to start off with? Eventually I would like to have an anenome or two, but we'll have to see with the lighting. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance!

soulagent9

You might want to cool your water just a bit to 77ish. My first coral was a galaxia and it's awsome and looks really cool under actinics.
Good luck.

samiam4663

I just have inverts in there now... will try and get the temp down. Thanks for the advice. I can't wait!
It is certainly a good thing I work full time
Not only to support my habbit, but to keep me from going
waiting to put something cool in there!

zanoshanox

Cant go wrong there, GSP grows and spreads like crazy, plus it adds tons of colors to a tank. Zoanthids are really awesome too

drew2005

I would start with some shrooms or zoos. Easy to care for. Your temp is fine where it is. No need to lower it. IMO 77 is a bit low. 79-80 is perfect.

bubles

yes 79 - 80 is good no need to be lower you do not want more than two degres change. good luck with your new corals

teen

i just started my reef tank also, so far i have green star polyps and zoos. there a good choice for beginners
and yea, theres no need to worry about your temperature, its fine where it is, mine's at 79-80

mrdc

As you can tell, there is no total agreement on what the temperature should be. I keep mine at 81 and it has done well for me.
Anyway, I think zoas, mushrooms, toadstool, finger leather and xenia are great beginner corals.

misfit

Originally Posted by mrdc
As you can tell, there is no total agreement on what the temperature should be. I keep mine at 81 and it has done well for me.
Anyway, I think zoas, mushrooms, toadstool, finger leather and xenia are great beginner corals.
dittio wih the temp and the coral list is good too

samiam4663

Thanks to all for the good advice. I have a good LFS that I'll be getting my corals from. I'll take all of these suggestions and see what suits my taste best.
I left my temp alone. I have a sixline wrasse in there now with the clean up crew and he seems pretty happy. :hilarious
Thanks again, all. :happyfish