gOOD cLEANING CREW??

rebelprettyboy

RIGHT NOW I HAVE LIKE 1 RED LEGGED CRAB AND 1 BLUE LEGGED CRABBED AND MAYBE 6 SNAILS.
I plan on ordering from here
- 10 blue legged crabs
- 10 cerith snails
- 10 nassarius snails
- 3 Emerald crabs
- 1 Lettuce Nudi
AND TO GET THE ORDER TO 79 BUCKS
- mushroom polyp green
- mushroom polyp umbrella
and some live brine shrimp
CURRENT LIVESTOCK
- clownfish
- 4 green chromis
- elegance coral
- buble coral
- 2 peppermint shrimp
- 1 cleaner shrimp
- green brittle starfish
- pencil sea urchin
- lawnmower blenny
LET ME KNOW WHAT I WANT TO ORDER WILL BE ANY PROBLEM

renogaw

I don't see the need for live brine shrimp.
i personally like mexican turbos and astrea snails. unless you're having an algae issue, i'd drop the nudibranch.
sorta really need to know what size tank you have to give better opinion though.

rebelprettyboy

oh ok sorry. 55 gallon.
ok ill drop the live brine shrimp.. and why drop the nudibranch??
and once i drop those two things what should I add for little extra clean up crew

bigskyreef

How about another brittle star or a serpeant star. They are good at cleaning up uneaten food and that sort of thing. You don't see them all the time, just occasionally, but they are fun to watch when they are in view. I personally like my lettuce nudi's, but you have to be super careful not to have any unprotected powerheads or filter intakes, etc. because they will get sucked up. I've seen lots of debate about what they eat and all, but mine seem to do just fine on grazing over the rock and glass. Also, sand-sifting cucumber does a good clean-up job.

mamasky712

I'd get rid of the lettuce nudibranch and get a few mexican turbo snails. I have some in my 90 and they are awesome! Start with 2-3 of them and watch them eat non-stop.

renogaw

Personally i would not suggest any star until your tank is longer established. I would not suggest ANY sand sifters, they eat beneficial organisms out of the sand--that's their food.
55 gal:
i'd suggest 1 or 2 Mexican turbos
~15 astreas
~10 nass
~15ish hermits
1 or 2 emeralds (probably just one)
1 or 2 feather dusters
Fill in with hermit shells, feather duster clusters, 200 pods, etc

rebelprettyboy

the emeralds crabs on here come with 3 for 12.99 so ill get that
and drop the cucumbers and get 3 mexican snails and 2 feather dusters. id like the dwarfs ones but they are out on here. And they are out of feather duster clusters

renogaw

yea, and mexican turbos.
I'm wondering if all the storms lately really decimated their stock--they are completely out of corals.