Good experience and a question

efrank

I always feel a little wierd when people talk about other sites on this site becasue we do owe SWF.com for allowing us to use their board, and I was very happy with the Clean up Crew I got from them last year and will get another one this year.
Having said that I bought 50 lbs of LR from ***************.com last week to set up a new 55g tank and it has been great. Much of it is already purple. It has several dusters, grape calepra (spelling),several different worms, a queen conch, and what I find most interesting is the apparently large presence of copods present. I mean they are everywhere.
The rock was cured, but is it normal for all of this life to make it through the cycle?
Anyway it was a great treat to get rock for $4.oo per lb and have it look this good, when the LFS in NJ sell crap for $8 and $9 per lb.

keitho

absolutely! it's not called live rock for nothing! :) i have amphipods and mysiid shrimp that developed from the rocks, and i even have some brown button polyps that came on the rock :) i once heard that the only way to really kill liverock is to soak it in bleach. i don't know if that's true and to be honest, i've never really had the urge to try :) (not to mention a complete waste!). anyway, congrats...

von_rahvin

man you guys got a great deal. i did not get anything like that from my LFS that i bought my rock from . . :( most depressing . . . .

ky

EFRANK
I get all of my LR from ***************.com. I also get all of my dry goods from them. I have never been unhappy with a delivery. I especially like getting my order 1-2 days after I pay for it.

catera

I have found only 2.5 lbs out of 10 that has even close to the amount of coraline (not so much the amount of life) at my lfs that i got at gulf-view.com it was amazing and i got my rock in less than 24 hours on a
saturday. i couldnt be happier. thier prem deco rock is amazing i cant even tell you all the life! the guy is very nice. i would definately recommend them again.