Good in Sump Skimmer?

ryanhayes9

To make a long story short, my coralife skimmer has finally crapped out and I am looking to purchase a new one. I was hoping someone here would be able to suggest a good in sump skimmer?
Thanks

btldreef

I have a 155G w/ a 35G sump, heavily stocked and I run the ASM G3 with upgraded pump. I swear by this thing.
I'm sure more people will chime in in the morning.
In all honesty, everyone has their favorites, it's personal preference within reason. I ran a Won Brothers for a long time on my 40G and it worked wonderfully as well and even worked on my 155 for two months w/ a medium stock until I got the money up for the ASM. The ASM makes the Won Brothers look like it did nothing.

ryanhayes9

That's a nice skimmer for sure. I used to have a bit of a problem when the power would go out with my coralife, the water in the sumo would rise pretty high and when it came back on, the skimmer would have a fit. Overflowing all over the place. How high can the water get in the sump before that skimmer starts to mess up?

btldreef

Originally Posted by ryanhayes9
http:///forum/post/3282268
That's a nice skimmer for sure. I used to have a bit of a problem when the power would go out with my coralife, the water in the sumo would rise pretty high and when it came back on, the skimmer would have a fit. Overflowing all over the place. How high can the water get in the sump before that skimmer starts to mess up?
I have had the power go out and almost fill the sump and not had an issue..... The water almost reaches the cup line. Granted, it doesn't work as effectively, but it doesn't loose its mind either.