Good jobs for a 14 year old

N

nemo_66

im 13, i have 900 in the bank and 140 in my wallet. all i do is maintain the house while my parents are at work. its and easy $60 a week.

mike22cha

During the summer I made 50$ a week cleaning an office with my mom and
40$ a week from mowing a neighbor's and my lawn.

Y

youngreeftank9

find a place that does inflatables (those bounce houses that lil rich kids get a bday parties) and see if they will hire u there. thats what i do and i make 8 an hour to sit around and watch lil kids play

jacknjill

my parents pay me 300 a month to clean the house, drive my sister to her lessons, and run errands. basically all the little odd jobs

jmick

When I was your age I was given a $20 a week allowance, my dad wanted us to have as little money as possible for various reasons. We were also encouraged not work but to participate in sports and other activities...after all you have your whole adult life to work.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I'd gladly hire a kid over these lawn companies. They just rip people off, and do nothing but mow.
Why don't you see if you can find a LFS that needs help.

keri

I started out cleaning cages after school and weekends at my local pet store when I was 12 and I ended up working there until I was 19 making like $9/hr 8 years ago. Not too bad, kept up with my interest in animals + I got a discount on everything in the store. They hired me because I was just THERE so much that customers started asking me for help lol.
Now I work in a vet hospital and I LOVE it.
Good luck in whatever you choose

prk543

Originally Posted by Beth
I'd gladly hire a kid over these lawn companies. They just rip people off, and do nothing but mow.
Why don't you see if you can find a LFS that needs help.
I agree with Beth. When I was your age, I found that my neighbors were thrilled when I started mowing lawns. They liked the fact that I could juggle around my clients if someone needed their lawn mowed on a certain day for a party. The "professional guys" can make it a hassle when you need them to change their schedules. (everybody wants their lawn mowed on Friday afternoon) The best part for them is your right down the street. My neighbors biggest thing was that I used a trimmer every week, where the "professional guys" trimmed every other week.
You also wouldn't have to offer just mowing, if you get a spreader, you can offer to put down fertalizer and grass seed. Neighbors love it when you shovel driveways in the winter, etc
The thing I loved and still miss about my mowing business is I got to be my own boss, work my own hours, and I would make the same amount as my friends working in the grocery store, and work fewer hours.
If you can, work out a deal with your parents to use their equipment and tell them that you will cut their grass for free, pay for gas and maintenance. Thats the deal I worked out with my dad, and it worked out for everybody. Especially on the weekends when he decided that he felt like mowing the lawn

-Prk543